What's new

collecting older Gillette DE razors

Recently I returned to the ranks of Wet Shaving after nearly 50yrs of using Gillette Trac II,Atras, Mach 3, and more recently Fusion, etc.:mad:

Now I know what a good shave is going back to a DE razor. I presently am using a 38C and a Progress both by Merkur.:smile:

The only negative thing with the switch back is thinking about all the Gillette razors which I either threw out or lost during the many moves I went through.
I am not a serious razor collector but from a nostalgia point of view I would like to re-acquire a few razors which I did have at one time i.e.Red Tip series, slim Adjustable and Fat Boy all by Gillette.

Can anyone give me some direction as to a reliable source(other than E Bay) to talk to, about obtaining same?

Regards

Dan

Dan, Just keep an eye on the BST here. These razors you seek come and go all the time. I saw a really nice Fatboy at a great price pop up today.

They come and go fast so watch closely. You can also post a WTB (want to buy) in the BST and I am sure there are plenty of folks that have one of these around that would be glad to sell.

BTW, Welcome to B&B.

So far I've purchased several Gillettes on the B/S/T (40's SS, Red Tip, Gold Aristocrat), each from a different seller, and each transaction was just exactly perfect.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
+1 on the BST forum. You will get better deals here than Ebay!

Like everyone else said. The BST is awesome here. Everyone that I've dealt with has been pleasant as well.

Definitely feels better dealing with the individuals here versus something like eBay...

Thanks for all the advice. Being relativley new to the Forums and it's lingo, can someone tell me what BST is?

Regards

Dan

Country Joes gets good mention here. The B/S/T is a great place. Most often fair and decent prices and you can hope to get exactly what is described. The Bay is more hit or miss. Sometimes some great deals, more often, a bit higher than here and you don't always get what was advertised.

Top Bottom