What's new

Cheap Mug from Ikea

I was looking for a nice goodlooking and cheap mug.

I found one at Ikea here in Groningen The Neterlands.

But since Ikea is a worldwide shop I thought it would be nice to share it with you.

The price of the Mug was 2,50 euro and it can be found in the cooking department.

BTW Ikea has got an strange name for it. The name isn't Mug but Blanda

The size is 12cm wide and 6 cm high

proxy.php

As you might have seen, I'm from The Netherlands and my nature language isn't English.

I can understand that it would be an ideal world if everyone can speak and write perfect English but that would be an unrealistic thought.

Since I can't change the title of this thread I would appreciate that we don't complain anymore about the word Mug or bowl.

Thank you.

I used one of these also but found out that the Ikea Blanda is a bit rough on the insite so it produces more lather (at least in my case)

Ikea names are mostly Swedish place names, or descriptive words. Blanda is Swedish for "blend" or "mix". This bowl is a small kitchen mixing bowl, so the name is just perfect for what it

I use one of these bowls - the larger one. It makes a perfect shave mug/bowl

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/70115069

As you might have seen, I'm from The Netherlands and my nature language isn't English.

Ahh makes sense, the 2 words are used almost interchangeably on here. forums are a good place to improve your language, ive seen many foreign peoples english improve dramatically with regular participation.

I can understand that it would be an ideal world if everyone can speak and write perfect English but that would be an unrealistic thought.

Since I can't change the title of this thread I would appreciate that we don't complain anymore about the word Mug or bowl.

Thank you.
To be clear, not a complaint, rather an observation. Internet communication breakdown if you will. I thought the mug description was Ikea's not yours.

Congratulations for your English language competence. I doubt I could put together a post such as yours in my second language. I have enough difficulty attempting to verbally communicate in mine. :redface:

And that compliment brings a big smile on my face! :w00t:

(BTW My secret is: I use a dictionary a lot!) :lol:

To be clear, not a complaint, rather an observation. Internet communication breakdown if you will. I thought the mug description was Ikea's not yours.

Congratulations for your English language competence. I doubt I could put together a post such as yours in my second language. I have enough difficulty attempting to verbally communicate in mine. :redface:

Ikea names are mostly Swedish place names, or descriptive words. Blanda is Swedish for "blend" or "mix". This bowl is a small kitchen mixing bowl, so the name is just perfect for what it

Funny, in Spanish "blanda" means "tender" or "soft" (although in feminine)

The founder of Ikea is dyslexic, and has a hard time with stock numbers... That's why they give names to everything, rather then parts/stock numbers.

Top Bottom