What's new

I was wrong, Bill Ellis was right

OK, so a while back I had posted a razor that I had reworked (my first!), and had declared the strange shape to be due to 150 years of hone wear. Which Mr. Ellis disputed.

Well, I'm here to say that Bill was right, and I was wrong!

OK, so that's not really all that surprising, as he does seem to know a thing or two about razors...:001_rolle And I'm pretty much a doofus:blushing:

Here is some info found by some other intrepid razor afficianado, on the Marshes and Sheppard that I had worked on .

As you can see, the bottom pic shows the razor in the original shape. My Marshes did indeed suffer from some hone wear, as the blade had narrowed down to be close to even with the barber's notch, but the overall blade shape was maintained.

I didn't see the original discussion but kudos to the OP for conceding another member was correct and he himself was mistaken - not always easy to do, especially on a public forum. Just goes to show, once again, that B&B is chock full of gentlemen and scholars! :biggrin:

I didn't see the original discussion but kudos to the OP for conceding another member was correct and he himself was mistaken - not always easy to do, especially on a public forum. Just goes to show, once again, that B&B is chock full of gentlemen and scholars! :biggrin:

Nope, I'm still pretty much a scoundrel.

But I at least know whan I'm wrong!:lol:

P.S.--I just noticed you're in Osaka. I'm in Osaka at the momnet, but will be headed for the airport as soon as I finish packing up my suitcase.

I go to Osaka a couple times a year. I'll shoot you a PM next time I'm in town.

I actually am in the Moriguchi area, not in downtown, if that matters.

For sure. Been here way too long now and know a few secret little spots where one can avail himself of some excellent local food and beverage. I live not too far from Moriguchi actually. Kyoto is always worth a wander as well (just 25 minutes up the line) Mata ne! (until next time) :biggrin:

Indeed a very nice shaver though. Seraphim did a very nice job giving it new life.

Talking of señor Ellis, I just flew over his house today on my way out of San Francisco :)

My connection is through San Fran I'll give a shout out the window as I fly over Bill's house.

"Bill, I was wrooooooooooooooooooooong!
:biggrin:

Top Bottom