What's new

Art Deco Scales

I was inspired by the box, and a few of the folks on B&B that have done similar wedge work. African black wood and red spacer with a Friedr. Baurmann & Sohne comfort blade. They made excellent razors, hand forged steel and hand ground. Top shelf polish on the blade as well, jimps on the bottom and a full hollow grind.

Very beautiful sir as usual, Im glad to see your creativity.

I am working on creating some in paua both natural and in red also some mother of pearl. Being a designer I have come up with interesting ideas such as pin-less wedges and thermal pinned optic rods for the blades. The look is modern clean and classy. Ill post them up once im done, I like looking at your work for inspiration.

Hmmm.
<emote> starts to ponder veneer thickness horn and ivory for a similar working with his first full restore </emote>

That is a beautiful razor/scales. I agree that the inside red is elegant. I really like the three striped spacer and the fit and finish on the spacer going into the rest of the scale looks just perfect. Very skillful job.

And, Ambrose, I, too, am really looking forward to seeing your designs, too. Although from what you have posted and said so far, I would be much "in," assuming I can afford you, without seeing anything more. I am particularly intrigued by the idea of "pin-less wedges and thermal pinned optic rods for the blades." I think you are truly going down the right design road on both of those ideas--at least if I am understanding the second point as well as understanding the first one.

Im sorry for taking a while I promise they will be worth the wait. Honestly all Im waiting on it my paua, its being flown in from across the pond. Ill keep everyone posted. Thank you guys for keeping my excited and motivated. In the mean time I am working up designs, and experimenting. I dig your creativity lax1mxr.

Top Bottom