What's new

The Dark Side of Corn Huskers Lotion

Wow! I just blasted through this thread, laughing the whole time. To think that I've occasionally recommended Corn Huskers' Lotion for my patients with hyperkeratosis (e.g., a Boxer with a big knobby rough nose). If any of my clients stumbled across this thread, I could be sued for malpractice. The horror!

Too bad the OP doesn't seem to be around anymore. This was a real pick-me-up.

I have kept a bottle of it around for a long while, but really do not use it often. My professional working environments never encouraged calluses, and when yard work get strenuous, but I forgot my gloves, I use it on what I consider to be "incipient" blisters, and those don't form after all (that's in between taking a break and locating my work gloves).

I used to have something that dairy workers used, with "bag" in the name for the same situation, but I haven't seen that in any retail storefronts I visit in ages.

(Pause here.) OK, it's "Bag Balm" and here's a link to an article:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/vermonts-bag-balm-ointment-corporate-25896443

I know it's poor taste to respond to a six year old thread, but reading it through was a great way to start the week.

Agree..."organic" is an over used hype / weasel word.

I'm a working cowboy and use CHL for chapped hands after building fence lines in the winter.

So how did I stumble / trip on this thread? On the spur of the moment, my boyfriend and I "repurposed" CHL and he asked where I got it. I was looking for a link to the Walmart website and "The dark side of CHL" caught my attention. Rosy red "cheeks" takes on a whole new meaning. I'll leave it at that.

A seven year bump resurrected this thread - has to be some kind of record, or close to it! BTW, love my Huskers but I don't really need to use it very often.

I used CHL after a shave about a week ago, and it made my whole face red, not just where I shaved. I used it like lotion, and put it on my whole face, and my nose was red as could be. don't know what that was about, because it works just fine on my hands.

Old threads are where it's at - has anyone tried to make their own cornhuskers..? I've considered it, because while it can be had for a few bux in the USA, it's too expensive to have it shipped from the US to the UK, ditto the cost in the "US" section of speciality food stores. There is a video here which shows how to mix the 20s/30s original recipe (mods, tell me if this is spammy). I s'pose it's too much to ask if there are any...ahem...Jazz Age Members of B & B that remember the original recipe.:001_rolle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCJIKDcBcJY

I just couldn't resist. :thumbup1:

My dad used Cornhuskers Lotion all his life and never had any problems. He did however, only use it on his hands, and occasionally on cow teats. I use it myself at times, but not a regular user.

This thread has been GREAT entertainment and should never end! :thumbup:

So many newcomers NEED to see this.

BTW, where I come from it is Cornhuskers, not Corn Huskers, Lotion!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

I just couldn't resist. :thumbup1:

My dad used Cornhuskers Lotion all his life and never had any problems. He did however, only use it on his hands, and occasionally on cow teats. I use it myself at times, but not a regular user.

This thread has been GREAT entertainment and should never end! :thumbup:

So many newcomers NEED to see this.

BTW, where I come from it is Cornhuskers, not Corn Huskers, Lotion!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

I had a wart removed from my palm when I was 10, little by little, as the old country doc dabbed a bit of acid into the wound weekly till it was gone. Them things are deep! The doc had me use ChL in between treatments. It made my hands red, but I thought it was pretty cool. If I ever have a wart removed from my face, maybe I'll use it there, but not until. :wink2:

Top Bottom