Page 1 of 16 123 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Side of Corn Huskers Lotion

Default The Dark Side of Corn Huskers Lotion

I just dumped my Corn Huskers Lotion in the trash.
    There is nothing organic about Corn Huskers. The biggest danger is the the large amount of methylparaban. It is the substance that made a fortune for Estee Lauder by making preservative free cosmetics. Cheap cosmetics have large amounts of it also and are responsible for the rosy cheeks that develop after you are sensitized to it. Skin is great for making you allergic to substances in life.
    Another problem is that once you are allergic to it, you will develop a cross reaction to paba and benzoic acid structures. Multi-dose vials of medications contain this as a preservative and people that list multiple allergies are not actully allergic to the medication but to the preservative.

Here are the ingrediaents
    Water, Glycerin, (Moisturizer) SD Alcohol 40, (Solvent) basically vodka

Sodium Calcium Alginate, viscous gum that is abundant in the cell walls of brown algae. It ranges from white to yellowish-brown, and takes filamentous, granular and powdered forms used for thickening

Oleyl fatty alcohol coming from inedible beef fat thickener

Sarcosin, crystalline nitrogenous substance, formed in the decomposition of creatin

Methylparaben, synthetic preservatives are used in 99% of the skin and hair products made today. Highly toxic and cause allergic/skin reactions. Recent medical studies indicate these chemicals are estrogenic. This means they mimic estrogen in the body with butylparaban being the most potent

Guar Gum, another thickening agent

Triethanolamine, pH balancer in cosmetic preparations in a variety of different products

Calcium Sulfate, Fragrance, Calcium Chloride,
    Fumaric Acid, Boric Acid, pH adjustment

Meh, next thing I know, you are going to be telling me Bacon is bad for me too.
    [QUOTE=rabidpotatochip;1182821]Thanks... I was chewing on a carrot stick and snorted some out my nose... :lol:[/QUOTE]

Join the league of Correct-Handed Shavers.
    [url]http://badgerandblade.com/vb/group.php?groupid=40[/url]

Too much bacon yes.
    Nitrosamines are carcinogenic, have been known to destroy pancreatic cells, and teh salt is bad for your blood pressure.

SKin has a great talent in sensitizing your body to chemicals. Those red rosy cheeks also get scaly and dry.
    Last edited by FrankPoole; 05-13-2009 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnord5 View Post
    What's this about bacon?
    Johnny Dale

Quote Originally Posted by FrankPoole View Post
    There is nothing organic about Corn Huskers. The biggest danger is the the large amount of methylparaban. It is the substance that made a fortune for Estee Lauder by making preservative free cosmetics. Cheap cosmetics have large amounts of it also and are responsible for the rosy cheeks that develop after you are sensitized to it. Skin is great for making you allergic to substances in life.
    Another problem is that once you are allergic to it, you will develop a cross reaction to paba and benzoic acid structures. Multi-dose vials of medications contain this as a preservative and people that list multiple allergies are not actully allergic to the medication but to the preservative.

Sodium Calcium Alginate, viscous gum that is abundant in the cell walls of brown algae. It ranges from white to yellowish-brown, and takes filamentous, granular and powdered forms used for thickening

Sarcosin, crystalline nitrogenous substance, formed in the decomposition of creatin

Methylparaben, synthetic preservatives are used in 99% of the skin and hair products made today. Highly toxic and cause allergic/skin reactions. Recent medical studies indicate these chemicals are estrogenic. This means they mimic estrogen in the body with butylparaban being the most potent

Triethanolamine, pH balancer in cosmetic preparations in a variety of different products

I'm confused. Did someone claim CHL was organic?

I don't use it because it doesn't have Phenylalanine, and the dose of BPA is far too small.
    Is this your homework, Larry?

Frank what is it that you do for a living exactly? I mean other than trying to impress us with your vast knowledge of scientific jargon...

Images

im a believer, mines going in the trash.

i always thought something about the CHL was a little iffy
    -josh

Organic Chemist (not a pharmacist for you cousins in GB)
    Not really trying to impress anyone, just expressing concerns and trying to explain things accurately yet simply. As you noted in my signature I never take anything in life halfway.
    Use Corn Huskers long enough and you will get nice rosy cheeks on an ongoing basis.

Remember Estee lauder took the preservative out and her Estee Lauder and Clinique lines are products women and men drop big bucks for because they are easy on the skin.

I am sure it works but long term will be rough on your face.
    This product was originally made for very rough hands not faces.
    Its basically water, glycering, assorded fats, starches and preservatives.
    The thicking agents are what makes it so great, they form a barrier not letting moisture ot escape.
    [B][I][CENTER]“logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few”[/CENTER][/I][/B]

Just for fun, I checked a few things in my den.

Proraso(CO Bigelow) has 4 different parabens, and KissMyFace has one.

If anyone is scared to continue their use, please pm me, as I will ensure their proper disposal.
    [QUOTE=rabidpotatochip;1182821]Thanks... I was chewing on a carrot stick and snorted some out my nose... :lol:[/QUOTE]

Join the league of Correct-Handed Shavers.
    [url]http://badgerandblade.com/vb/group.php?groupid=40[/url]

Just for fun, I checked a few things in my den.

Proraso(CO Bigelow) has 4 different parabens, and KissMyFace has one.

If anyone is scared to continue their use, please pm me, as I will ensure their proper disposal.
    +1

Actually I've used CHL before (for my hands) and don't think I'd care to use it on my face so this doesn't break my heart.

Cornhuskers Lotion has bacon in it?

That's f**king awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by mhdousa View Post
    Cornhuskers Lotion has bacon in it?

You're either new to the world of chemicals or you're new to the world of cosmetics, or both.

Your descriptions of these well known chemicals demonstrate a profound lack of awareness as to what they actually are, what they accomplish, what their purpose is, as well as a basic ignorance to the fundamentals of chemical composition and reaction. And I expect better from a fellow chemist. An organic chemist, at that.
    Last edited by ClubmanRob; 05-14-2009 at 07:04 AM.
    Rob

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ClubmanRob View Post
    You're either new to the world of chemicals or you're new to the world of cosmetics, or both.

Your descriptions of these well known chemicals demonstrate a profound lack of awareness as to what they actually are, what they accomplish, what their purpose is, as well as a basic ignorance to the fundamentals of chemical composition and reaction. And I expect better from a fellow chemist. An organic chemist, at that.
    aren't all chemists organic?

I mean... like with organs and stuff?

isn't the opposite of organic... dead?
    JON
    "It's not a game, but we know how to play it."

Trying ot make it simple.
    new to world of cosmetics. Basically if you have some water glycerine and corn starch or arrowroot you basically get Corh Huskers.
    I am an advocate of organic and green living obviously.
    [B][I][CENTER]“logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few”[/CENTER][/I][/B]

"Come for the Cornhuskers, Stay for the Bacon!"

Quote Originally Posted by bythbook View Post
    aren't all chemists organic?

I mean... like with organs and stuff?

isn't the opposite of organic... dead?
    Technically, organic chemistry is a specialized branch of chemistry that also happens to be the most misunderstood and misused as far as explaining what your field is. I met a guy last year who thought he was an organic chemist because he used an "organic" pesticide on his apple orchard. I kid you not. "Biochemistry" was the last flavor-of-the-month "hype" word that everyone used when trying to sound educated.

Oh, and believe it or not, organic chemistry involves the study of non-living things as well. You can't have a life process without inorganic compounds.
    Rob

Long live petrochemicals

Long live petrochemicals
    specially to the parabens........