What's new

Is Trumper's Rose Soap as good as TOBS Rose cream?

G'day gentleman,

my name is Benjamin and I am from germany
(if I can help with any sort of translation from german products
my Email is visible to anyone, so feel free to contact me)
and I am in some sort of situation here.

I got my hands on a nice sample of TOBS Rose
and I really have come to like it.
But since ordering the cream would be too easy there is something that makes the descission difficult.
I want a soap instead of a cream.

So I got my eyes on trumpers rose soap
but am not sure if I will get dissapointed or not.

Will trumpers soap smell as delightful and strong as tobs does?
I am referring to the TOBS that has a light pink
not the dark purple/pink colour (don´t know if there were some changes?)

So who tried both and will tell me:
Yes, trumpers Rose soap is slightly different but still good and strong enough
(since my nose is not the best one)

p.s. I am sorry that my first post is such a spammy one...
have a nice day

I LOVE the Taylor's rose cream. I wondered about this comparison myself, and from what I've understood in discussing the differences with folks who have tried both the verdict is still open - some prefer the Trumpers for it's more natural straightforward rose scent, and others the Taylor's for it's complexity. I think the two together would be an amazing superlather...go for both! They are both quality products and neither would be a disappointment.

Oh, and welcome to B&B!

The performance of the Trumpers soap is great. The scent isnt nearly as strong as the Taylors cream, although I do like both.

The performance of the Trumpers soap is great. The scent isnt nearly as strong as the Taylors cream, although I do like both.

+1. Trumpers Rose soap is one of my favorites, and I'll always have a puck of it in the shave den. It will be more moisturizing than any of the Taylors creams, in my opinion.

-Andy

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I have never tried the TOBS Rose cream but I have tried both the Trumper Rose cream and the Rose soap. I much prefer the Trumper SOAP to the cream. The soap has a very subtle but pronounced natural rose scent to it in my opinion and is a most elegant soap. I'm quite certain that if you did not find it to your liking that once you have the needed number of posts and tenure on this site, you could easily dispatch of it via our Buy Sell Trade section.

I for one never expected to enjoy it and purchased it on a lark. I completed one puck of it using it several times in a row, enjoying it that much.

Welcome to Badger & Blade where you will find a wealth of opinions, information, and enjoyment!

Thank you all for your kind words,

I like the idea of reselling the soap if necessary.
But postage from Germany to the US would be way more expensive
than the soap itself ;)

I don´t know if I could sell this soap in germany easily.
But since I will be buying one anyway,
I think I might give the Soap a try.

The idea of buying both for a superlather is nice
but I already have a rose cream form Olivia
which is great but not quite the scent I was looking for.
So buying the soap I will easily be able to make superlather if I want to.

I will be reporting on my descission soon =)

Been thinking about this exact topic myself as I have been looking to add more soaps to the rotation. I have a tub of tobs rose cream, and I have been thinking about getting trumpers rose soap when I run out. Maybe the answer is to just have both!!

I simply cannot have them all. I already have so many of them.
I have to make tough descissions every shave weather to lather up with the one or the other... they´re all so ... tempting
It´s just like these hones. I have so many, sometimes I can´t decide.

Top Bottom