What's new

Have you guys seen Mark Gauvrea's shaving vids at youtube?!?

:eek::eek::eek:

Check out his "video response" to mantic's "The Ten-Minute Traditional Shave." It has to be seen to be believed.

He goes into his bathroom, and while singing along with a recording, shaves his face like a madman. Lathers up some TOBS Lavender with a brush, but then shaves his entire face without rinsing the blade, goes over the same spot over and over again, does touch-up/second pass without rinsing or relathering, etc.

Yikes! What is this guy's deal?

G

gone down south

Good choice in music, Blue Lines is one of my favourite albums of all-time ;)

V

VR6ofpain

He has a few shaving videos. They are awesome. Watch some of his other stuff. Very entertaining.

I saw his first shaving video a month or two ago and was impressed. He has attitude which I like. I particularly liked what he had to say about a contest between the Merkur 34C and the Sink :D !!!

I guess hes lurking around behind one of the user names here at B&B and I want to give him a thumbs up for his shaving Vids - a class of their own !

PS. traditional wet shaving could do with this video and the energy/attitude to break the stereotype that its only for grandpas. I would well vote for this a promotional for DE wet shaving for the raw energy it has !!

Last edited:
I think its excellent, he gets bbs in one pass with none of that long *** bs that is always advocated. This is how shaving is supposed to be done, we tend to only think there is only one way of doing things and are always looking for others to tell us whats 'correct' or 'incorrect'. Just because Mantic and others say we have to do 3-4 passes dont mean its right.

I think its excellent, he gets bbs in one pass with none of that long *** bs that is always advocated. This is how shaving is supposed to be done, we tend to only think there is only one way of doing things and are always looking for others to tell us whats 'correct' or 'incorrect'. Just because Mantic and others say we have to do 3-4 passes dont mean its right.

I don't think that shave was BBS but it did look like a DFS. He certainly did enjoy his shave but crack'll do that to you. You are definitely right that there is no correct and incorrect way to do things but there is the generally accepted way and what he was doing wasn't it. Regardless he seemed to get a decent shave and that is what it is all about.

- Aaron

It's interesting, to be sure, but I can barely watch it. It makes my face hurt because I can imagine what would happen to me if I shaved that way!

Top Bottom