What's new

coming up tomorrow morning

Well i now have my freshly honed straight, and my strop arrived today, i've read everything that i can find, and think i'm going for my first straight shave tomorrow :)

Any last minute tips, tricks etc?

Well i now have my freshly honed straight, and my strop arrived today, i've read everything that i can find, and think i'm going for my first straight shave tomorrow :)

Any last minute tips, tricks etc?

Got a styptic pencil? Just in case.

Good luck, and have fun.

Make sure you have a relative or friend with the same blood type nearby.

Kidding, of course. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Check out the forum StraightRazorPlace.com and look at the Newbie section. LynnAbrams, who is one of the gurus of straight shaving gives some greats tips for first time straight shavers.
Go slow, just start off shaving one section and get comfortable with it, watch your angle and use really light pressure. Also make sure your razor is truly shave ready.
Good luck and have fun.

Well this morning came and i took bare steel to my face for the first time :D just did my cheeks and neck sides, i think i'll get comfortable before i look at the chip and top lip......then get those right before thinking about XTG and ATG....but it was a success with no nicks.....i'm still fairly amazed.....

Exciting!

When I fully manage the DE I'll definitely change to straight!

Update us on your progress!

JdB

Top Bottom