What's new

Recommendations for best overall shower body wash

Hi gents,

I've been using Dial for Men 3D over the past couple months and really like it thus far. I'm always open to new suggestions though, and figured you could all list your fav/most effective body washes here
icon14.gif

Hi,

Right now, I'm in love with:

- Nivea for Men Cool Bodywash

- Nivea For Men Sensitive Bodywash

- Gillette 2 in 1

It is in the form of a soap bar, but a very soft, creamy, foamy, and fragrant one--
Ogallala Bay Rum Creamy Bay Rum Bath Soap & Shampoo Bar. Definitely works as a shampoo. I much prefer the straight up bay rum version, but lots of folks seem to really like the lime and peppercorns version of the after shave/cologne.

I'm using the Dial 3D most days but I have some williams shave soap in the shower and use it from time to time. For some odd reason my SWMBO likes the scent of it.

I don't recall the names off hand but C&E has a wonderful assortment of bar soaps that have a pleasant yet suble smell. On a side note it works great to cover the mint scent from the caffiene soap I use prior lol.

I guess I am cheep. I use the dollar tree and dollar store brand. Works good smells good. And trust me I am a plumber err, turd hurder and when I come home from work I am a walking bio-hazard and the cheep stuff does work.

I guess I am cheep. I use the dollar tree and dollar store brand. Works good smells good. And trust me I am a plumber err, turd hurder and when I come home from work I am a walking bio-hazard and the cheep stuff does work.

Cant get much cheaper than Williams.:lol:

dr. bronners is my go to. order it by the gallon. peppermint in the spring, summer, and fall, eucalyptus in the winter. high liquidity, but lathers very well. has quite a bit of glycerin in it so some do not like the way it feels on their skin. definitely not a good choice to wash your hair with it.

Right now my fav is the Axe Dark body wash.. I follow up with the matching body spray.. yummmmm.. chocolaty!

I'll put in for Nancy Boy's Invigorating--either the bar or the body wash.

#1 for both.

I just bought the Axe Dark Temptation too based purely on scent. I am 41 years old & generally tend to stay away Axe product range geared towards the younger guys but when I smelled this one I couldnt resist. WOW :w00t:

The NB invigorating wash & bars is top notch just like the rest of their line. Very nice on the skin & the scent lives up to its billing for sure. Great kick starter to your morning :thumbup:

Another vote for Axe.

Right now Im using "Fever". Great scent and has tiny scrubing beads in it as well, but not big ones like the Axe "Snake Skin" wash does. "Vice" is another great scent.

I usually like to keep at least 2 different bottles in the shower. Usually its Axe and something else.....like Dial, Nivea, etc.

Another vote for Axe.

Right now Im using "Fever". Great scent and has tiny scrubing beads in it as well, but not big ones like the Axe "Snake Skin" wash does. "Vice" is another great scent.

I usually like to keep at least 2 different bottles in the shower. Usually its Axe and something else.....like Dial, Nivea, etc.

I've also gotten into the habit of keeping 2 different BW in my shower.

Regarding Axe, I recently tried Axe Schock; this stuff has got to be the most cooling BW ever !!!!!!! :w00t:
It has watermint in it, it brings you down to -40 :w00t:

It also has scrubbing particles in it, and overtime, the combination of cooling agents + scrubbies irritated my skin; other than that, great refreshing stuff

I'm a big fan of the Adidas bodywash line.

proxy.php

The Axe stuff seems popular, but by comparison, it just smells cheap to me. Like buying a cheap knock-off cologne at a gas station, or buying an EDT at PacSun, or something.

I lean towards the Pulse model, but the others really aren't bad at all, and I much prefer them to anything else I've seen on a grocery store shelf.

Specialty body cleansers are something I'd like to look into, but not for awhile. It's just too damn convenient picking up while at the store when the time comes.

p.s. - for what it's worth, SWMBO loves the stuff too. It leaves a nice scent.

Last edited:
Dr. Bronner's lavender and will switch to peppermit when this runs out.
I also like the Old Spice in the original scent.

musgo real soap.

best i tried, last a long time and helps clear away pimples and blemishes without drying the skin. very refreshing and relaxing. top stuff. supermarket brands don't compare.

that reminds me, i must go wash with me musgo.:biggrin:

Top Bottom