What's new

eBay Razor Seller reputable?

So one of the most prolific eBay dealers of vintage Gillettes are these dealers based in Glasgow (Missouri not Scotland). They often have some nice razors but their prices are generally way over the top. Have folks had any experience with them?

I bought a BIN/best offer chrome Norfolk from them for what I thought was a good price (substantially less than the BIN)....

Shipped fast, packed well....

<shrug>

worked for me....

So one of the most prolific eBay dealers of vintage Gillettes are these dealers based in Glasgow (Missouri not Scotland). They often have some nice razors but their prices are generally way over the top. Have folks had any experience with them?

So one of the most prolific eBay dealers of vintage Gillettes are these dealers based in Glasgow (Missouri not Scotland). They often have some nice razors but their prices are generally way over the top.
No kidding. They want $30 for a Krona. Stuff does look to be in top condition tho.

I bought one lot at auction, very fairly priced, no reserve, well used New and New Standard, cleaned up fine, very happy. Package came well packed. Very good experience CT.

I bought a BIN/best offer chrome Norfolk from them for what I thought was a good price (substantially less than the BIN)....

Shipped fast, packed well....

<shrug>

worked for me....

Are chrome covered blades not a safety hazard? Been reading that it may not be a healthy option - to have that stuff in your body is not a good idea (when you cut yourself while shaving)...

Anyone know anything about it?

Are chrome covered blades not a safety hazard? Been reading that it may not be a healthy option - to have that stuff in your body is not a good idea (when you cut yourself while shaving)...

the razor is chrome...

... but I never eat the blades.

I've bought some items from Glasgow Goodies on the Bay. Somewhat overpriced BIN but I was willing to pay. Shipped quickly, packed well and a few freebie vintage blade as well. if there is something I really want I'll overpay for it so I can't really complain about the prices.

the razor is chrome...

... but I never eat the blades.

Oddly enough, I supplied a pack or two of blades I don't like to a bloke on my morris team. He eats them for money as a street entertainer and magician.

He does that trick where they appear to eat the blades and then pull them back out on a length of string. He's having trouble getting the blades.

Now I always thought the used special fake blades but apparently not!:w00t:

Gareth

Hexavalent chromium compounds are the hazard - not the free metal (as you'd find on a plated razor or blades) - or the trivalent chromium compounds - as you can read here your body needs chromium as a trace element...

Oddly enough, I supplied a pack or two of blades I don't like to a bloke on my morris team.

Unless you're a morris dancer - in which case I recommend 1lb of hexavalent chromium compounds hourly to preserve the rest of us :lol:

Oddly enough, I supplied a pack or two of blades I don't like to a bloke on my morris team. He eats them for money as a street entertainer and magician.

He does that trick where they appear to eat the blades and then pull them back out on a length of string. He's having trouble getting the blades.

Now I always thought the used special fake blades but apparently not!:w00t:

Gareth

hahahah

he should swallow a blade & the three pieces of a Gillette old type - & spit em out w/ blade inserted & razor assembled!

give 'im my number - I own the concept.

Top Bottom