What's new

Vote on your favorite slant.

Your favorite slant.

• 37C (HD)

• 37G (HD gold)

• 39C (Barberpole)

• Vintage Merkur

• Rebranded Merkur (Hoffritz, Pomco, Coles NY, etc)

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
In this thread I tried to get an overview of the slants out there:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=86836

Now it's time to vote on your favorite shaver! Which slant do you prefer? Which one do you find yourself reaching for, when you want that BBS feeling? Which one gives you that warm, fuzzy feeling inside?

Gentlemen, cast your votes!

Edit; oh, and if you feel the need to add pictures, please do.
Anything you feel is missing? Please tell.

Last edited:
My favorite is the Ziglar opened comb.
Unfortunately when I had mine replated I didn't know that the exposed zinc needed to be copper plated before the nickel went on and it got ruined.
My plater tried to fix it but it's a cheese grater now.

Only used it a couple of times, but the 37C, definitely. I find the HD style handle is the perfect size and weight. The grooved cap also gives it a nice "evil" looking factor as well... :devil:

Only used it a couple of times, but the 37C, definitely. I find the HD style handle is the perfect size and weight.

I'm starting to think I will like the 39C better then the 37C, since I like the 38C better then the 34C..

The 39C is the only Slant I've tried, and the only BarberPole handle, but I really like the extreme heftiness of it. I don't know if I'd feel the same way about a 38C, but the extra weight really seems to add to the 39C's effectiveness as a whisker whacker.

Unfortunately when I had mine replated I didn't know that the exposed zinc needed to be copper plated before the nickel went on and it got ruined.

I've been dying to try an open comb slant. I bought a bakelite one on ebay and when it got here i realized the cap was chipped all along the edges, rendering it unusable. I'm hoping I eventually stumble across another 3 piece slant with a similar enough twist that I can use the cap as a replacement.

Right now, the only slant I've actually shaved with is the 39c, but I have a vintage Merkur on the way. :biggrin:

I selected the 39c but I just received a vintage Merkur from the bay. I'm hesitant to use it, tho. It's in MINT condition -- the thing looks like it was never used.

This guy:

full

Chessman Slant Head / Cooncat Bob Handle

Last edited by a moderator:
I selected the 39c but I just received a vintage Merkur from the bay. I'm hesitant to use it, tho. It's in MINT condition -- the thing looks like it was never used.

How did that work out? Are you BBS now? :rolleyes:

Hi Bob,

Yep, that zinc based alloy is absolutely horrible. I ruined a razor and a batch of plating solution trying to plate a pitted Hoffritz - even when copper plated, the stuff still oozes through if the razor is pitted.

Shameless bump. I refuse to belive that there are no more than 52 slant users out there. You seem to never miss an opportunity to say slant rulez, so where are you now? :wink:

Any thoughts on the QC of the 37G? How's that gold sticking on?

Last edited:
Shameless bump. I refuse to belive that there are no more than 52 slant users out there. You seem to never miss an opportunity to say slant rulez, so where are you now? :wink:

Slant rulez! :biggrin:

Slant rulez! :biggrin:

Top Bottom