What's new

First month DE shaving

Hi guys,

It's about one month since i've started DE shaving, and i love it.
I'm actually eager for my morning time

I've got a Classic HD, merkur blades, and AOS starter kit. I still have the occasional razor burn due to the bad blade angle, i'm getiing better and better but I still have some questions:

1) What brands do you use for sensitive skin? (i have the full AOS Lavander package, some proraso ordered - i've read great things about it)
2) About relathering: the first lather takes about 2 minutes. After the first pass, relathering it's the same or just putting lather on my face?
3) Where can i get some good deals for blades(i want to try some israeli, feathers, maybe gilette 7oc) i'm from Romania so they have to deliver in Europe.

Also, thanks for all the great info that made my transition to DE shaving so much "smooth" :)

Keep up the good shaving. It shouldn't take two minutes to relather, it's basicly just applying more soap to the face.
Try WestCoastShaving for a sampler pack of blades. They have a great variety.

J

Jarmo P

2) About relathering: the first lather takes about 2 minutes. After the first pass, relathering it's the same or just putting lather on my face?
I skip rinsing my face on second and 3rd passes. I am a face latherer.

I apply the brush and it will not be moisturized enough, but a soapy more on my face. Then I dip once on sink and build the lather again.

If rinsing between passes the lather will get not offering optimal protection IMO. The water content if rinsing between passes will mess up with the optimal lather quality build up. That is just telling as a face latherer.

Hi guys,

It's about one month since i've started DE shaving, and i love it.
I'm actually eager for my morning time

I've got a Classic HD, merkur blades, and AOS starter kit. I still have the occasional razor burn due to the bad blade angle, i'm getiing better and better but I still have some questions:

1) What brands do you use for sensitive skin? (i have the full AOS Lavander package, some proraso ordered - i've read great things about it)
3) Where can i get some good deals for blades(i want to try some israeli, feathers, maybe gilette 7oc) i'm from Romania so they have to deliver in Europe.

Also, thanks for all the great info that made my transition to DE shaving so much "smooth" :)

1) Sorry can't help with that but have you tried a good soap?
2) Just slap it on, the first pass should have conditioned your beard, the 2nd, 3rd etc pass is just to lubricate the razor.
3) Not sure where you are but I get blades from dridiot ..
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=87775

I am nothing to do with dridiot apart from being a happy customer.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Top Bottom