What's new

Shaving around a scar

I have a small scar on my chin from a Track II cut a few years ago. It is difficult to shave around so I touch up around it with an electric. Don't want to cut it again. Any tips about shaving around such an area?
Thanks,
Stan

I have one on my chin from when I was a kid.

With Mach III's I used to nick it once a week or so. With my DE, I just pay a little extra attention to basics (especially the angle of the blade), and have not had a problem.

One of the reasons I got into this whole wetshaving thing was scars I had on my face, and how electrics chewwed them, and cartridges irritated them.

Just be really gentle and aware of them and you should have no problems.

I have multiple scars on my chin from motorbike accidents, Hockey, a few brawls......
I found that the electric was my only quick and easy to go over all the scar tissue.
Now my goatee covers them up almost completely so I'm very happy to shave with a DE or my Rolls.
That having been said, not eveyone can get get away with a goatee.....

Can't you just shave over it with a Slant and get rid of it completely? :lol:

Seriously though, I would consider still using a DE around it carefully - but don't shave in a direction where the blade will be approaching the scar head on if possible. Like try going N-S on the sides of it and E-W on the top and bottom of the scar. If any stray hairs are left over, you can pluck them with a tweezers. Plucking may be a good idea to do around it in general since it won't grow back for awhile.

I have a large, 6 inch, crescent moon shaped scar below my jaw, running diagonal across my neck. My Mach III used to nick it's high spots now and again. With my 40's SS with Feathers or Red Pack IPs I can just glide right over it with a decent lathering. Of course no hair grows on the scar, but hair grows right up to it.

Maybe a stupid question - but have you tried paying no attention to it, just lathering really well and shaving as if it weren't there? Unless it's really steeply raised, I don't think you'd cut it.

Last edited:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I pay no attention to mine and have no troubles. Maybe I'm just not as marked up as some of you folk.

+1

I would shave over it and be careful. Worse thing that can happen, it will bleed again. But, if you shave over and over, eventually it should flatten the scar...

Top Bottom