What's new

First DE shave today

Had my first DE shave today and it went pretty good considering it was my first! I'll post another when I have a week of better cream and experience under my belt.

Anyways, I was wondering about how and when to flip the DE to use the other edge. I did two passes WTG and called it good. I used just one side of the razor today, is that the way its done?

Thanks!

If you flip the razor every time one side gets a build-up you can cut the number of times you have to rinse your razor in half and ensure an equal use of both sides so the blade wears out on both sides at about the same time.

corret..blade flipping "was" useful but now there is something else called Palm Stroping" your blade..ask about it here or try youtube for the video..It works great on my GEM blades plus mine have no coating so theycan be wiped clean :rolleyes:

BTW..palm stroping is actually been around since DE razors were first made, you have to find the original documents which will state to palm strope your blades..pretty cool I think :tongue_sm

J

Jarmo P

The idea of flipping the razor is for the lather not dripping down on your chest.

I tried that palm stropping thing. I guess it worked, I got a smooth shave and it got some of the gunk from my previous shave off.

Top Bottom