What's new

Should I Pick Up Some C&E Cream?

Now that the sale's going on at C&E I was thinking about picking up some of shaving creams and maybe some aftershave as well. Are they worth it? Is so, which one and why?
Or should I skip the cream and go straight for the soap?

Thanks all!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Of course you should. what kind of cockamamie question is that?:biggrin:

I, too, enjoy the their sandalwood, but Nomad and Sienna have their fans, as well. Their a/s balm is very nice.

Now that the sale's going on at C&E I was thinking about picking up some of shaving creams and maybe some aftershave as well. Are they worth it? Is so, which one and why?
Or should I skip the cream and go straight for the soap?
IMO, yes. Too bad you can't get an idea of the scents though, since many are "love 'em or hate 'em" but the performance of both the shaving creams and shaving soaps that I've tried have been excellent--right up there with the top-shelf stuff. I'm a big fan of Sienna myself but YMMV. I also scored some overstock Sweet Almond shave cream at TJ Maxx, and while I find the scent just "OK" the performance is first-rate.

--Mark

I've become disillusioned with the creams. I think they are sub-par. I do love that sandalwood scent, and will continue keeping the EdT and ASB around, but once my current tube of sandalwood expires, that is it.

Their soaps are quite good, though.

Their ASB is one of my favorites. The Nomad goes on light and the scent fades rather quickly as to not interfere with your cologne.

I prefer their soaps over their creams...the balms are quite nice. I like the sandalwood and sienna best...nomad is pretty good though. Was thinking of placing an order for the Nomad suite today since the sale is going on.

I have the Sandalwood soap and the Almond cream and they both give me great shaves - though I'm not a big fan of the cream's scent, though i've been told that it does smell like a raw almond.

I would recommend you give them a try - well worth it, but of course YMMV.

Adil.

C&E Almond and C&E Sandalwood are two of my favorite creams. The lather literally explodes (well, maybe not 'literally' :001_tongu ).......great stuff!

IMO, yes. Too bad you can't get an idea of the scents though, since many are "love 'em or hate 'em" but the performance of both the shaving creams and shaving soaps that I've tried have been excellent--right up there with the top-shelf stuff. I'm a big fan of Sienna myself but YMMV. I also scored some overstock Sweet Almond shave cream at TJ Maxx, and while I find the scent just "OK" the performance is first-rate.

--Mark

yeah, i saw like 15 of the C&E soaps at TJ maxx the other day, for like 4 bucks a piece. i was waiting for them to hit the 2 dollar or 1 dollar mark, and figured that considering most of the clientele that shop there, they'd be there for quite some time. went back the other day and i see like one left... Randy must have been down here..:tongue_sm

I have the Sweet Almond Oil cream, Sandalwood Soap and Sienna Soap in my rotation and all of them work very well for me.

've become disillusioned with the creams. I think they are sub-par.

All of them?

It's sad that their Sandalwood is my favorite scent, but the worst performing cream I have. Not very lubricious at all, my razor actually skips on the ATG pass when I use it. Unacceptable.

Sweet Almond Oil works great though, I don't get it.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Their sandalwood cream smells great, but lacks the performace of the Taylor, Trumper, or Green Pond versions. It's adequate, but we tend to want something a little better than adequate around here.

I have a puck of their sandalwood soap that's pushing two years- can't seem to finish it off! Nice stuff.

I've been using the Nomad cream but found that it does not lather nearly as well or as much for me as Proraso does. Is there something wrong with my lathering technique, or is C&E cream not the best latherer in the world?

I do like the Nomad scent, so maybe I should give the soap a try?

Top Bottom