What's new

Best Lotion To Soothe Razor Burn

I am looking for suggestions for a very good razor burn balm lotion, specifically for the redness and irritation on my neck.

So far I've tried the Brave Soldier soothe gel that came free in my Crabtree and Evelyn order. It seems to be an Aloe Vera + (maybe menthol?) type gel, and it works just okay.

I do use a moisturizer + sunscreen on my face daily (Oil of Olay non greasy fragrance free), but I need something specifically for razor burn.

Some candidates based on browsing around the forum:

--Nancy Boy Replenishing Facial Moisturizer

--Lab Series Razor Burn Relief Ultra

Any comments on these products or any other suggestions are appreciated....

gm

I like Jason's Beard Therapy. You can find it at Whole Foods and other natural food markets. It also has aloe vera and costs under $10.

I've written this in some other threads and as you can read in my SOTD-posts, my number one is OLIVIA's A/S balm, followed by the Herban Cowboy balm and the the PRORASO Crema Liquida Dopo Barba, all three are very good products.

Thomas

Tom, du bist richtig, noch einmal, mein Bruder! Olivia ist eine wunderbar Linie. Hundert pro zent, Ich fuhle mich wohl in meiner Haut jede Zeit mit Olivia, seine Produkten sind prima.

Liebe Grusse aus Montreal, Umarmungen und Kusse zu Euch!

Jeff

Tom, du bist richtig, noch einmal, mein Bruder! Olivia ist eine wunderbar Linie. Hundert pro zent, Ich fuhle mich wohl in meiner Haut jede Zeit mit Olivia, seine Produkten sind prima.

Liebe Grusse aus Montreal, Umarmungen und Kusse zu Euch!

Jeff

Hmm, never tried Olivia's asb. I also agree with Tom that the Proroao Crema Liquida de Barba is an excellent prododuct.

(sorry Tom, I can read enough German to get by, but I can write or speak it:rolleyes: )

Hello gm,

I agree with Richard from Canada. Investigate why you are getting razor burn in the first place. Also make sure it really is razor irritation and not a skin reaction to the cream or soap.

The throat, especially on either side of the adam's apple, is a very sensitive area. You have to shave this area with an ultra light touch and make sure you know how your hair grows in that area so that you use the right passes in the reduction process.

I, personally, use a few drops of Pacific Shave Oil, www.pacificshaving.com, before each pass. Have been doing this for almost two years now and have had zero razor irritation. Zero. I don't use a "soothing" AS balm, because there is nothing to soothe. After the shave, I rinse off the residual soap or cream with warm-hot water, then a cold water splash, followed by a few spritzes of a toner. Done.

If I will be going outside during the day, after I spray on the toner, I apply some Neutrogena Ultra-Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock. Non-greasy, non-shiny.

By the way, Pacific Shaving is having a 20% discount for orders over $20 till 1 Dec. At checkout, use coupon code: redbag.

I apologize for the dissertation. This is what works for me; it may help you or others who are also experiencing "razor irritation".

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

IMO the best for razor burn is not a balm or lotion, but a splash -- Musgo Real Splash - IMO the best aftershave on the market. Second I'd have to with one of the Aftershave Balms from L'Occitane, either CADE or L'Occitan.
But for my money what I think you should do for afterhshave is use a splash and then a balm if neccesary (primarily in winter months). I struggled for weeks with awful looking razor burn it looks like someone tried to slash my throat until I started to use the 1-2 punch of splash and balm. Give it a try. :thumbup1: I think it really works.

Men-U Facial Moisturizer Lift. They don't call it an after shave balm, but thats what it is. It doesn't get much play here, but it gives me the best relief from razor burn. Very cool and soothing, not greasy, and you can buy it at your local ULTA store.

Heres another idea. Use some Clubman Bay Rum after shave. Your razor burn will feel good compared to it!

On another note, I've been using the Bay Rum as an after shave for the past week. Yea it stings like no other, but wait 30 seconds, apply some balm and your face feels and smells great.

Anthony Logistics Razor Burn Repair....

has marshmallow, rosemary and lavender (?)

It does not burn and the scent fades quickly. It goes on thick, but soaks in and does not feel tacky.

It is by far my favorite of them all.

-joedy

Top Bottom