What's new

Single Edge Blades

Morning Gents,

I just purchased a Gem 1912 and I now need to find some blades to go with it! I have access to: Gem Stainless Steel Coated blades, these claim to be made in the USA and are "PTFE coated" teflon to you an me. These are £16.90 for 100.

I can also get hold of: Treet Carbons, PAL Supers, GEM Blue Stars, all at £4.90 for 10 and the GEM Super Stainless at £5.90 for 10.

Which of these blades do you guys think is the best, and why? Are the more expensive blades worth the extra over the GEM Stainless Steels?

All the Best,

I think the consensus is with Ted Pella blades. I don't have any SE razors, so you might do a forum search for that brand name and see what comes up.

The "so-called" Ted Pellas that everyone really likes, including me, are GEM Stainless coated blades. There are a number of folks who like the other blades you mentioned, I've never tried anything but the GEM coated stainless and they work really well.

Morning Gents,

I just purchased a Gem 1912 and I now need to find some blades to go with it! I have access to: Gem Stainless Steel Coated blades, these claim to be made in the USA and are "PTFE coated" teflon to you an me. These are £16.90 for 100.

I can also get hold of: Treet Carbons, PAL Supers, GEM Blue Stars, all at £4.90 for 10 and the GEM Super Stainless at £5.90 for 10.

Which of these blades do you guys think is the best, and why? Are the more expensive blades worth the extra over the GEM Stainless Steels?

All the Best,

Go with the GEM Stainless PTFE if you are happy with 100 blades. I don't think any better are available. If you find something let us know!

If you want a smaller quantity be sure to get at least stainless. The non-stainless SE Blades I have used rusted beyond usefulness between shaves (one day).

i got the sample pack and so far the Gem Blue Stars have been ok but the Looks were awful, paint scrapers

i see that the limited stock won't be replaced so i don't know what i'll do now.

the Treets are supposed to be good, but that's the Platinums not the carbon.

i'll probably get the Gem S/S

I used the Treet SS coated blades for my first SE GEM shave last week. It was a wonderful, close shave. Whether they are labeled Treets or GEMS, I beleive they are made by the same company.

Top Bottom