What's new

Mothers Day

My mum isn't big on gifts, so we will probably have a family lunch or dinner. Mum believes it is more important that all the children are together than anything else.

This year mom's getting a pocket digital picture slide show of the grand kids. You know the one, 100 pictures on a 1.8" portable screen....Grandma's love to show off pictures....:biggrin:

Hanging basket this year. Same as every year. (Yet to be purchased. Hey, I've got a week -- don't rush me! :wink:)

This year mom's getting a pocket digital picture slide show of the grand kids. You know the one, 100 pictures on a 1.8" portable screen....Grandma's love to show off pictures....:biggrin:

Show off! I say pics and you pull out "pocket digital picture slide show" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The same ole, same ole; what she always wants....flowers, See's candy (and lots of it) and take her out to dinner and maybe a movie.

My mom's getting a visit from my brother and me. She's the most resilient person I know and I miss her every single day. I wish I could really be the son she deserves.

My mom still lives in the lower 48 so I guess we'll skype eachother. Best that can be accomplished over the 4000 miles between us.

On a college student budget I had to be creative, but I got her something she might like. She mentioned she likes fancy soaps, but she's already got the decorative hand soap piles next to the sinks covered (what woman doesn't?).

I figured shampoo was a soap so I got her some of the Lilac and Lavender shampoo Mama Bear sells. I know she would never buy a shampoo that costs more than a few bucks, so I figured I'd spoil her as best I could on a tight budget. Hopefully she'll like it, I already got her the only thing I knew she wanted for her birthday :lol:.

Maybe after college I'll do it right and get tickets to see a show and take her to a nice dinner afterwards.

I got my mom the hatbox set of lavender creams and fragrance from Crabtree & Evelyn. Gave it to her already because she hates to wait for the actual holiday to come (whatever it is). I'm planning to take her out to lunch on Sunday too.

I bought my mom a near mint Blue Lady Gillette I recently bought off the B/S/T :biggrin1: Thanks mmack66! I actually already gave it to her because she saw the package when it came haha. She just tried it the other day and she loved it :001_smile

The family also got tickets to go see the Ann of Green Gables the Musical later this month.

So what are you getting your mom?

Nothing. She's been gone for years now. Sixty-four is too young, but it was the cut off age for her because she smoked. Ever since then I have been wishing that Hallmark Holiday didn't exist to remind me.

For years now I have been spending that weekend volunteering for the TOSRV bike ride. It's a great way to spend time with a great bunch of people!

It's hard to believe mom's been gone for 3 years. I think I will go out to dinner to Olive Garden on Saturday and miss the big crowd.

Top Bottom