What's new

So this Emillion jumped into the shopping cart

...at Fendrihans and some force mysteriously took over my mouse finger and checked out with it. :drool: What can I expect over my 3/1 that any of you have experienced? I'm psyched, but it will be about 7-10 days 'til arrival. BTW, I'm prepared to take some time to adjust to the potential lather hog capacity of the Emillion, but the CF and BB are literally twisting their lids off to get swiped by this brush :biggrin: Feel free to share your technique and lathering wisdom with this brush.

Haha. I chose to forgo the Emillion in favor the 3/1 just to get a baseline. From everything I gather, if you want a firm, super-dense brush, you've got it, brother.

Did you remember your 10% off B&B code? The brush was about $155 last time I looked.

Hope you post when it arrives; and if you end up hating it let me know:biggrin:. I'll take it off your counter.

and of course..pics! I'm sure it'll be love at first lather.

I have the Stubby 2, basically the same knot.

Two words:

Dense

Soft

I think you will love the brush. it is incredibly dense, and the tips are very soft. It does an excellent job on soaps and creams, I can't believe how much less time I spend making lather with this brush over others I have used. I bought it primarlily as a soap brush and have not been disappointed.

One bad thing: this brush will spoil you for other brushes. I'm having a hard time finding a second brush, and may go with an Emillion or Beehive, else a Rooney horn brush.

Hope you post when it arrives; and if you end up hating it let me know:biggrin:. I'll take it off your counter.
I think you need one of these, STAT. :biggrin1:

Last edited:
I have an Alibaba 2 and I agree with the dense/soft statement. Can't speak for anyone else, but I have no problems with lather hogging with the brush either.

Haha. I chose to forgo the Emillion in favor the 3/1 just to get a baseline. From everything I gather, if you want a firm, super-dense brush, you've got it, brother.

Did you remember your 10% off B&B code? The brush was about $155 last time I looked.

and of course..pics! I'm sure it'll be love at first lather.

Used the discount and got free shipping so it was about $151 out the door. Once I get some lather going I'll be sure to post a report.

Your post must have led to a run on these because they are now all sold out of Emillions.

:eek: I just hope the orders are processed in the order received :lol:

For a new Emillion, that final cost would be hard to beat. Kudos to Fendrihans. Great site and very nice and quick to respond owner. Looks to be a top notch outfit and worthy of a serious look. BTW, for those of us in the CONUS, be sure to click U.S. Dollars in the currency menu at the top of the home page or it will look highway robbery at the CAN dollar prices. LOL

Last edited:
Well, I received the Emillion. I've only had it a day and it's seen the bowl 3 times. :biggrin: I whipped up a test batch and I see why people say it's a lather hog. There was not much left in the bowl as I whipped it up. However all that lather was now contained in the brush and it had no problem giving it up on the face. It's a little bit larger than I expected and I was concerned at first, but that faded right away one I started applying lather. It is uber soft. Even more so than my 3/1 which just sold on the B/S/T. The backbone is just right, although I may still get a Stubby 1 for scrubby days. The handle is very comfortableto to hold and a variety of grips are easily controlled.

The second batch of lather was my actual shave. Same characteristics on the bowl lathering process, and the brush loaded very well. I would say that I could easily get 5-6 full passes on what is contained in the brush without even squeezing the base. Again, extremely soft on the skin and perfect backbone for a luxurious face massage. The shave was great, but about an hour later I went back for another batch of lather. Not only did I mix it, but I applied it. My wife thinks I am indeed crazy, and while she is correct, I am ok with this :wink:

Long story short this was a great purchase and made just in time. It seems that Fendrihans has raised the price of the E after the 10% discount/free shipping/sold out status. Sadly the brush is no longer $151 shipped, but I do highly recommend the Emillion for an upper medium size, very soft and easy to control brush with a firm backbone if it fits your budget.

Top Bottom