What's new

Gillette NEW with fat handle + Bull Mastiff

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I took some more pictures of my Gillette NEW (Fat handle, Made in USA) and my other Gillette NEW with a Bull Mastiff handle (made in UK).

You guessed that my main razor is the NEW with Bull Mastiff... Great shaver! All thanks to Bob!

thanks for the pics. good detail showing difference between the teeth, baseplates and handles. That Mastiff is a might big handle! I am guessing it is about as long as a Slim?

VERY multi-national photo:

Quebecois Australian, American, English/British Razors and Irish Stout..I can't wait to see the picks including the international soaps you are collecting! :wink:

Nice pics Luc. I've only tried an open comb razor once and for some reason found it aggressive. What are they like?

Luc

Staff member
thanks for the pics. good detail showing difference between the teeth, baseplates and handles. That Mastiff is a might big handle! I am guessing it is about as long as a Slim?

VERY multi-national photo:

Quebecois Australian, American, English/British Razors and Irish Stout..I can't wait to see the picks including the international soaps you are collecting! :wink:

Yes, I agree... I could take a picture of what I have in my den right now, but the picture will be better post-soap split!

Nice pics Luc. I've only tried an open comb razor once and for some reason found it aggressive. What are they like?

I would say it depends on how you like the agressivness of the open comb. I heard that a Goodfella is mild but well built. The Merkur would be a mild open comb also.

In what I tried, The Gillette NEW (US) would be mildest(not saying it's mild, compared to the following), then Gillette NEW (UK). The most agressive I had was the Mulhe Pinsel R89 (Old type). That razor was eating everything (whiskers, skin, anything).

Luc

Staff member
Which open comb did you try Rocco?

Luc

Staff member
Nice looking razor! Is it missing a tooth in the middle? Which model is it?

This morning I had my first shave with a New Improved (combed 4-piece Aristocrat) loaded with Red Personna. I thoroughly enjoyed it along with the Ingrams (Arabic-Egyptian) 'Blue' cream. Thanks, to all those Aussies who made this awesome combination possible! :thumbsup:

So far as DE shaving goes, I enjoyed the OLD, enjoyed the Senator. I consider (thus far) the New Improved the best of the three......but I do prefer the TTO mechanism when it comes to practicality.

Luc

Staff member
This morning I had my first shave with a New Improved (combed 4-piece Aristocrat) loaded with Red Personna. I thoroughly enjoyed it along with the Ingrams (Arabic-Egyptian) 'Blue' cream. Thanks, to all those Aussies who made this awesome combination possible! :thumbsup:

So far as DE shaving goes, I enjoyed the OLD, enjoyed the Senator. I consider (thus far) the New Improved the best of the three......but I do prefer the TTO mechanism when it comes to practicality.

That's interesting. Since I used a couple of 2-3 pieces razors, TTO isn't a preference anymore...

V

VR6ofpain

and my other Gillette NEW with a Bull Mastiff handle (made in UK).
I think you mean the USA. Those are made by Bob, who lives in Sacto California, USA.

Maybe you just meant the New head?

Luc

Staff member
I think you mean the USA. Those are made by Bob, who lives in Sacto California, USA.

Maybe you just meant the New head?

I mean the Head only as I bought the handle from Bob...

Top Bottom