What's new

Opinions on Institut Karite Cream vs. Soap

I have some of the IK soap and really like it. I'm more of a "cream type of guy" though. I'm considering buying some Institut Karite cream but looking at the reviews section has given me second thoughts. The review and a follow-up post basically state that the cream is inferior to the soap.

Has anyone tried both and can offer an opinion?

I have used both, and can certainly attest to the cream not stacking up. the cream is the consistancy of a high quality dish soap and although i only used it a couple of times i don't remember it making a lather. not a bad lather mind you ...no lather.

don't you think the soap is exceptional?

Is it similar to "L'Occitane Cade" soap and cream? In that twice the amount of cream (to other creams) is required to make a decent lather/result. Have any that own the creme tried using more than you normally would and see how that goes. That worked well for me with Cade...

I've made a review of the cream recently.After that i've shaved myself with it until the end of the tube. And the worst case scenario confirms: the cream is really so so compared with the soap, a real Rolls of the soaps!! But if you want to try the tube to know in first hand the experience...

What is it with these French companies and their brushless creams? L'occitane, Institute Karite, Pre de Provence, and Provence Sante are all the same, even though their soaps are uniformly great. It seems that they put them out just to prove the point that their soaps are better. It seems like ALL the countries in their vicinity make better creams (England, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Germany)

Top Bottom