What's new

Chinese Florida Water!

while waiting for my $400 driver's side power window repair... I stepped across the street to an Asian Food Market - to look for shaving stuff, of course... and found this!

proxy.php

proxy.php

The Liushen is menthol-y; the Butterfly is more traditional citrus.

About $4.50 for the one, $3.50 for the other. A bargain!

I remember seeing Asian Florida Water on eBay... although it didn't look like either of these... there's probably a lot more of this stuff out there.

Off the top of my head, there's probably at least thirty different manufacturers of Florida Water out there operating today.

I finally managed to get ahold of some of the Butterfly brand Chinese Florida Water. (Have had the Liushen for a while now and liking it more all the time!)

The Butterfly FW does not smell all that close to the Murray and Lanman version, which I truly enjoy, but it has its charms. I do not get nearly so much citrus from it as I get floral, particularly on dry down. Not much staying power. Very soothing. A little burn.

Good stuff. I am thinking that all those folks that do not like the Clubman Lilac Vegetal (I happen to love that one, too) might like this one. Much more a pure flowery fragrance from the initial application to my sense of smell.

Well, I am a few days in with this Butterfly Florida Water, and I have to say it seems pretty insipid. No staying power whatsoever and the is really bland, what there is of it.

3 down, 27 to go.

I finally managed to get ahold of some of the Butterfly brand Chinese Florida Water. (Have had the Liushen for a while now and liking it more all the time!)

The Butterfly FW does not smell all that close to the Murray and Lanman version, which I truly enjoy, but it has its charms. I do not get nearly so much citrus from it as I get floral, particularly on dry down. Not much staying power. Very soothing. A little burn.

Good stuff. I am thinking that all those folks that do not like the Clubman Lilac Vegetal (I happen to love that one, too) might like this one. Much more a pure flowery fragrance from the initial application to my sense of smell.

I was able to sample the BUTTERFLY brand at a local chinese store.. to me it was like liquid baby powder.. but I liked it enough after about a half hour on my wrist that I might go back and get it some day..

Top Bottom