What's new

Cheapest place to buy quality DE blades online?

Hi,
I'm new and just decided to switch DE shaving. I ordered Merkur HD, Edwin Jagger Best Badger brush and a bunch of Honeybee soaps, but haven't yet decided where to buy blades.

I noticed www.blademail.co.uk has 100 Wilkinson DE bulk blades pillar pack at 13.15£ which I think seems to be a pretty good deal. Are there any other sites selling DE bulk packs cheaper? What about their quality? :huh:

It's a good idea to get samples, this way you will be able to find the ones you like/ dislike. West Coast has some nice kits.

It's a good idea to get samples, this way you will be able to find the ones you like/ dislike. West Coast has some nice kits.
+1 on the sample idea.
Welcome to the B&B.
I am sure one of the UK members will chime in with a sample vendor that
is closer. I will comment that West Coast Shaving has been a great supplier for me but then again I live on the West Coast..

I think it sometimes depends on the particular blade, but WestCoastShaving has one of the largest selections and great prices (including on shipping, which can add up) that I've encountered. As an added bonus, the customer service is fantastic as well.

I live in Finland and I just ordered a blade sampler some weeks ago from West Coast Shaving. Delivery was fast and shipping prices reasonable. And they have nice selection of different brands to choose from :smile:

West Coast Shaving does have a very good selection of DE razor blades. Perhaps not the largest inventory of internet suppliers, but more importantly they stock the absolutely most popular and widely used blades.

Depends upon the blades you wish to order. Certain online stores have great prices on certain blades and not so good on others.

eric.

Thanks all for the advice,
I just ordered sample pack from West Coast and postage was very reasonable. Actually I also live in Finland (What a coincidence!). Looking forward to try different brands and choosing the best for me. :smile:

The above link from Ferret doesn't seem to work.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
west coast shaving does have a very good selection of de razor blades. Perhaps not the largest inventory of internet suppliers, but more importantly they stock the absolutely most popular and widely used blades.

ditto!

depends, in the US, west coast shaving is good,
while im europe, depends on the blade you use, red personnas can be obtained from casa rodriguez in spain, gillettes and wilkinsons can be obtained from blademail,

What can I say? I guess what every one else is saying.

Ordering from WCS was a good idea. That way, you don't have to commit the cash for a bunch of blades you could not like. Check out the reviews on razor blades, because they can give you an idea of how a blade performs. However, this is your choice, so find the blade that is best for you and enjoy the shaves!

Top Bottom