What's new

The power of Old Spice and a tuxedo.

Last week my mom called me to say that she found my grandfathers old tuxedo. I picked it up last night.

It's all mint, only used in his own wedding, he died twentyfive years after the wedding, never got the chance to meet me.

This morning I shaved like regular, the DE and so on.
But I used some Old Spice Aftershave splash, never tried it before.

Then I got the idea to try on the tuxedo, I did.
I fitted just swell, I looked in the mirror. I saw my grandfather, the man I have never met in my entire life.

I've seen pictures of him, and my mom tells me he used Old Spice or Brut (Depending what day it was).

It's weird how some clothes and a smell can make me feel like im a complete different person. I feel proud to be a part of this, wearing his clothes, and smell like him.

It feels like I have a bond to him now, that I know him.

I just wanted to share this. Thanks for reading! :smile:

That is a great story. thanks for sharing :001_smile

My grandfather got sick when I was very young and died about 5 years ago. I have very few memories of him when he was healthy and capable of doing more than merely sitting in a lazy boy in front of the tv, hardly talking. I now have his big desk in my basement, which I remember from my childhood because it had a map of the world on it which I loved looking at, and a few years ago my mother gave me his old gold pen. The last time I went shopping for "nice" clothes (I'm a student, so jeans and t-shirts are the majority of my wardrobe, but I'm changing that) I went to tip top tailors. When I got home I mentioned to my mom that I liked the store and the staff was friendly and such and I would probably continue shopping there (I had also bought my blazer from there a year ago) and then she told me that my grandfather used to always shop there as well. Without even meaning to, I had found another connection to him. I treasure using these items of his that I own whenever I can, and I too feel a close connection with him, a man I hardly got to know. It is a wonderful feeling.

I've seen pictures of him, and my mom tells me he used Old Spice or Brut (Depending what day it was).

It's weird how some clothes and a smell can make me feel like im a complete different person. I feel proud to be a part of this, wearing his clothes, and smell like him.

It feels like I have a bond to him now, that I know him.

I just wanted to share this. Thanks for reading! :smile:

Great story! Congratulations on being able to get in touch with him posthumously in such an intimate way.

My grandfather wore Brut and Old Spice also. A couple of days ago I bought some Old Spice and have been reconnecting to childhood memories of him every time I wear it.

Very touching story. Connecting to past family is a wonderful way to understand your roots.

Top Bottom