What's new

old spice burley aftershave.and old spice rant.

hey this is nice ,ive just bought it from a junk shop for a pound.i think they stopped this in the eighties .it spicy and kourosy and seems to last.
i cant beleive what was aviliable in the old spice range in years gone by,its just sad to see it reduced to deo and aftershave compared to shave soap ,cream,balms, soap on a rope,and all maner of brill gift sets in lime and orig and burley.what happend?i also got an empty 70s bottle of orig aftershave to decant as the new one is well........ new!

OS Burley and Bounty are two overlooked scents that deserve a little more attention than they received the first time around. I say, instead of going for that vintage bottle of regular Shulton Old Spice, look a little harder for the Burley or Bounty (or both if they come in the giftset!)

I say, instead of going for that vintage bottle of regular Shulton Old Spice, look a little harder for the Burley or Bounty (or both if they come in the giftset!)

I'll be sure to do that the next time I swing on down to the "regularly-full-of-vintage-old-spice-magic-antique store"

Where was that again?:rolleyes:

Count yourself lucky if you ever see any of them--and get them if you do.

I'll be sure to do that the next time I swing on down to the "regularly-full-of-vintage-old-spice-magic-antique store"

Where was that again?:rolleyes:

Count yourself lucky if you ever see any of them--and get them if you do.

Viva L'ebay!

I know I often caution against the evils of unscrupulous sellers, but Ebay truly is a Godsend when it comes to procuring vintage scents.

I used Old Spice Lime in the 80's and I loved it. Now a single bottle sells on the Bay for $75 or more. I guess that is what Penhaligons goes for now but it is hard to think of them in the same class.

If I only had that time machine!

I used Old Spice Lime in the 80's and I loved it. Now a single bottle sells on the Bay for $75 or more.

Never pay that much for a bottle of Lime. It's good, but it's not gold. I purchased six bottles of different era Lime, Fresh Lime, and Wild Lime last month for a whopping total of twelve dollars. :eek:

I got a bottle if lime of the Bay a few months ago for less than twenty shipped. I lucked out. It was the older lime that (according to da man Clubman Rob) has less chance of degrading. This stuff was fine and a nice scent (similar to Royall Lime but a bit more complex). There is a seller now with a bottle of lime with a BIN price of something like $45 or $50. I won't pay that kind of money. There are too many great lime splashes out there for a lot less money that you can buy new and you won't risk getting ripped off.

True, the $75 I saw on da Bay was a Buy It Now price that was not being jumped on to say the least. But $50 is still too expensive for me, as you point out. I did like that lime aftershave, though.

Sorry for the bump but is there anything out there now the OS Burley compares to? Curious what it smells/smelled like.

Top Bottom