What's new

Cartier Declaration Split

I wanted to see if there is any interest for a split.The final price would be roughly $30. for 50 ml decant (shipped,including paypal fees,packing,atomizer )

I need 11 spots filled. Let me know

a nice storng wood cologne, its ok, but i flind that the darker essence version is nicer,
i still have around 30% left on my 100ml bottle,

I keep reading the title of this as

Cartier Declaration Spit

(instead of Split)

And really thinking this is the worst cologne on Earth. :lol:

I already have a bottle but definitely in my top 10 maybe top 5. Everyone I guess has their own taste but personally I cannot see how someone couldn't like this. My brother, father in-law, and myself have all purchased several bottles of this and have gotten countless complements.

I do notice several times at department stores and Sephora that the sales associates give me a weird look when I answer their question about what fragrance I like. At that point they point me to what they really like or what is new which usually is something that is a very generic scent.

Everyone I guess has their own taste but personally I cannot see how someone couldn't like this.

It is FAR too spicy and foody for me. It reminds me of an Indian food restaurant. A pale suburban white guy such as myself shouldn't wear something so very spicy and ethnic smelling, unless he's got an occasion in which this would be well-suited. (and other than going to eat at an Indian food restaurant, I can't think of one!)

Just not my cup of tea at all, although I can respect the scent itself.

It is FAR too spicy and foody for me. It reminds me of an Indian food restaurant. A pale suburban white guy such as myself shouldn't wear something so very spicy and ethnic smelling, unless he's got an occasion in which this would be well-suited. (and other than going to eat at an Indian food restaurant, I can't think of one!)

Just not my cup of tea at all, although I can respect the scent itself.

At first I do get a indian note too but it dies on me very quickly.

Like I said everyone has different tastes. Some people love Joop. I think it smells aweful. I can't even wear Creed Original Santal for the fact that I think it smells like Joop.

At first I do get a indian note too but it dies on me very quickly.

Like I said everyone has different tastes. Some people love Joop. I think it smells aweful. I can't even wear Creed Original Santal for the fact that I think it smells like Joop.

LOL - You must know of my endorsement of Original Santal... them's fightin' words! :biggrin:

I must be fortunate to have never been punished by a Joop-wearer! It seems that this is the factor that deters many from OS. But as long as I don't overdo it, I get a yummy sandalwood with mandarin orange and vanilla. I suppose this is technically just as "foody" as Declaration... but as you say, to each his own! There wouldn't be 20,000 kinds of fragrance if we all agreed that a dozen of them were the best!

LOL - You must know of my endorsement of Original Santal... them's fightin' words! :biggrin:

I must be fortunate to have never been punished by a Joop-wearer! It seems that this is the factor that deters many from OS. But as long as I don't overdo it, I get a yummy sandalwood with mandarin orange and vanilla. I suppose this is technically just as "foody" as Declaration... but as you say, to each his own! There wouldn't be 20,000 kinds of fragrance if we all agreed that a dozen of them were the best!

Yeah I am sure we would agree on some :biggrin:

One reason I don't like Joop is because when it first came out a friend of mine excessive amounts of it everyday. Now when I smell Joop that is all I think about.

Yeah I am sure we would agree on some :biggrin:

One reason I don't like Joop is because when it first came out a friend of mine excessive amounts of it everyday. Now when I smell Joop that is all I think about.

I'm pretty sure you're not alone in this experience! There seem to be a lot of Joop! - traumatized people out there!

And let it be known that I actually like the smell of Declaration! I just have an aversion to spices, and this one's a spice bomb. Now if I was going on vacation to Morocco or something, then this would be my first choice. (but after seeing the things they eat in Morocco on the Travel Channel, I won't be going there any time soon!)

Top Bottom