What's new

A moment to vent

I just need a moment guys.
I really can't stand this time of year. I never have. I grew up here in South Dakota, but it didn't seem as bad then. I didn't have to deal with it for almost 8 years after moving to Arizona for school. I came back to SD under some pretty terrible conditions, so maybe that's another reason I struggle. Maybe, some of you guys are to blame:wink: The weather won't stay predictable and consistent enough to allow me to keep using my "winter" scents or to finally break out the "spring" scents!:mad: Let me give you a summary of the weather for the past few days. Thursday, great spring day. A little bit "unseasonably warm" with 81 being the high, but very nice. Friday, cooler, more early spring like. The wind got stirred up a bit. Saturday starts a little chilly and overcast, and ends with snow. Sunday, big, wet snow all day. I think we ended with 3-4 inches. Right now, my outdoor thermometer reads 45, and it's raining, HEAVILY raining, with two inches of snow still covering the grass. The rest of the week looks like rain and high temps ranging from 40 to 80.
I guess I just have to play it safe and stick with Tabac until further notice, it does well for me in heat and cold, rain and snow. I never had this problem before deciding to check out the cologne board:001_rolle

Wow. Interesting weather fluctuations. Never mind colognes -- how do you figure out what clothes to wear on any given day? :biggrin:

As to scents, my advice? Wear what you like. So what if you're wearing a "Spring" scent & it's snowing. Close your eyes, inhale, visualize the flowers blooming & the trees budding. It's all a state of mind. :smile:

Wow. Interesting weather fluctuations. Never mind colognes -- how do you figure out what clothes to wear on any given day? :biggrin:

As to scents, my advice? Wear what you like. So what if you're wearing a "Spring" scent & it's snowing. Close your eyes, inhale, visualize the flowers blooming & the trees budding. It's all a state of mind. :smile:

All four seasons in as many days! The importance of layering clothes really comes into play this time of year:smile:
I tried to close my eyes and envision a nice spring day, deeply inhaling the floral scents of the day, but that nice police officer "recommended" I not drive like that anymore:lol: The judge agreed:lol::lol:

Chicago area went from light snow last Monday to 87F on Friday then two days of near continuous rain. I often don't shave until id afternoon, so by then I can usually pick something suitable for teh season. In the morning, I just put on whatever looks good on the table of colognes and to hell with the weather.

I wear what I like regardless of weather. You can pull off heavier scents in the summer by applying less.

I thought it was early winter, winter, later winter and road construction. :biggrin:

Oh crap, you got me on that one! I missed road construction season. It's already started with about 3 miles of interstate on my way home from work blocked off to one lane. There will be more to come I'm sure!

Why don't you move to Temecula, CA. One day its 105 and the next it's 68.

I've heard stories like that before. Makes it fun for out of town guests:lol:

I do wear what I like, when I like, but sometimes a more "spring", or "summer" scent just bums me out when there's a foot of snow on the ground:rolleyes:

Top Bottom