What's new

PSA: Proraso Green Tea Shaving Soap now at Shoppers Drug Mart.

I was in my local Shoppers Drug Mart here in Oakville and I noticed the Shoppers buyers listed the Proraso Green Tea and Aloe Shaving Soap in the white tub. Now if only they carried the Proraso aftershave balm.

Nice, maybe they have it here in Alberta. I've looked before and didn't see the green tea one but perhaps it's new or I need to look at a couple different ones.

I am lucky enough to have a store in my city that sells the aftershave balm. I love that stuff. Although I do have some mamma bear in the mail.

It's been in the Toronto stores for a while now, they also carry the Green tube and the pre/post as well as Nivea Cream and Real Shave Co.

True. Its funny how relative it is.
I am jealous of the UK's Erasmic, Ingrams, Palmolive or Portugal's La Toja products all readily available on a supermarket shelf
I am proud Canada carries Nivea products though. :001_smile

Last edited:
OH! I almost forgot! I found Nivea Cream on sale for $2.99 for a tube at Rexall today, it normally sells for 5.99. I grabbed the last one on the shelf, but if you have one nearby and you like Nivea...half price on a good product.

I find the rock bottom cheapest prices for Nivea is at Army & Navy. They carry Kaloderma shave cream too.
No need to shop any further regarding price shopping. Unfortunatley Army & Navy is only located in Edmonton & Vancouver I think. But if you ever visit just pop in there & load up. :001_smile

This was the first good soap that I've purchased (after ofcourse being dissappointed by all the other crap drug store/walmart kinds), and it's amazing. I still need to experiment with some others, but it's great that this is decently priced, and readily available I think it will stay as one of my regularly used products.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I was in my local Shoppers Drug Mart here in Oakville and I noticed the Shoppers buyers listed the Proraso Green Tea and Aloe Shaving Soap in the white tub. Now if only they carried the Proraso aftershave balm.

I picked up some of the Proraso balm at Seacor just off Weston Road North of the 401. I bought some Thayer's Witch hazel at Whole foods in Oakville a few months ago but when I went back two weeks ago I couldn't find it anymore.

We've had this soap for more than a year here in Quebec :biggrin:

And the balm for a looong time; basically, ALL the Proraso products :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Another wish for the Prorasso AS at shoppers. Funny that they carry all the other products besides the AS.

I've wondered the same thing.
I am thinking cause its retail price puts it in the $15 dollar range which basically pushes itself out of the market for the average Joe. We know that you get what you pay for with Proraso and would be willing to pay for the good stuff but the average person going in there probably just wants to ante up for a cheap $3-$5 splash just because its cheap & wouldnt even know what they would be missing by passing over the Proraso splash because they wont even think of going there to the dark side of shavedom - like its some sort of mysterious, never discussed aspect of men's grooming :a45:. Generally they might be looking at it from a cost perspective, why would you fork over $15.00 when you can grab a $3.00 splash? The Proraso Pre/Post might even be pushing it at $10.00 for most customers.

I have no problem doing it though, I think Proraso A/S splash, Balm, & Pre/Post are all the rage :w00t:

I've seen it in 2 stores now in Mississauga.
I bought some about 2 weeks ago, I've been looking for it for about a year, every time I walk into a Shopper's I go to the shaving aisle.

I too have seen the Green Tea Proraso in many Shoppers' around the GTA, and Vaughn. Actually, our local Dollar/Convenience store here in old Maple, which is a largely Italian-descent neighborhood, carries the Pre/Post shave. I've been meaning to pick some up...Its not a dollar, but who cares?! If its half as good as the regular tub of soap, sign me up!

I too have seen the Green Tea Proraso in many Shoppers' around the GTA, and Vaughn. Actually, our local Dollar/Convenience store here in old Maple, which is a largely Italian-descent neighborhood, carries the Pre/Post shave. I've been meaning to pick some up...Its not a dollar, but who cares?! If its half as good as the regular tub of soap, sign me up!

Jump on that Pre/Post. It is great, Soothes razor burn & clears up red irritation. :thumbup:

Top Bottom