What's new

Any Browns fans here?

I was mad that Mangini kept trading us down when we could have had someone like Moreno, but I'm happy to have Robo and think he & Massaquoi could be decent additions once we get the QB issue ironed out.

I'm looking for the AFC North this year!

(I didn't see an existing draft thread; sorry if I missed it)

I am a big time Browns fan. The fans on radio call in shows are having a conniption fit over the first day of the draft. I like the picks, we need receivers badly and we got a good center to anchor down the offensive line.

Last season was supposed to be the year it all came together. I can't stand how the Browns continually seem to be in a perpetual "rebuilding" mode. Its not like they leave themselves much of a choice, but they just never seem to be able to build on anything significant. Its frustrating -- I'd love to see them succeed even though I'm a transplant here, but I feel like I'm even being a tad hopeful to expect another ~5 win season this year.

Browns fan here; the first game I can remember going to is the game against the Jets in 1976 when Mike Phipps was injured and Brian Sipe took over. As a general matter, I've found it best to assume that (a) the coah is a buffoon; (b) the draft picks will crater; and (c) if things are looking up, something unexpected will torpedo the season. That way, I can only be pleasantly surprised. :001_smile (I'm still waiting.)

I grew up in Painseville during the Kozar years. Consider me a dyed in the wool fan as well. I miss Eric Metcalf and his crazing running skills.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I'm probably not welcome in this thread, but as a Pittsburgher who moved to Canton 3 years ago I can't help but feel bad for the Brownies. There is a large pocket of Steeler fans here south of Cleveland, but the loyal browns fans are still talking smack. I wish the browns were good so the Cleveland/Pittsburgh rivalry could be what it once was, currently it's just a little embarrassing.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Long time Browns fan here outside the Motor City - have followed them since seeing Jimmy Brown play at old Municipal Stadium .. was there when Sipe threw the interception that cost them the championship circa 1981, January something -37 degrees wind chill at kickoff .. if you think they have issues, the Lions have them beat in that department - the two meet twice this year "home & home".

Last edited:
I'm probably not welcome in this thread, but as a Pittsburgher who moved to Canton 3 years ago I can't help but feel bad for the Brownies. There is a large pocket of Steeler fans here south of Cleveland, but the loyal browns fans are still talking smack. I wish the browns were good so the Cleveland/Pittsburgh rivalry could be what it once was, currently it's just a little embarrassing.

I'll say this for Pittsburgh: Rooney was one of only two owners to vote against allowing the old Browns to move to Baltimore (Wilson of Buffalo being the other). That counts for something in my book.

If it makes you guys feel any better, Kiper gave the Browns a B- grade on the draft... lower than all the other AFC North teams :redface:

I thought they did a lot better than that, personally, but he's the expert :rolleyes:

Top Bottom