What's new

Lotion Opaline

This is a French alcohol-based AS splash made by the Benedictine monks of Chantelle Abbey. Here's a description of the product (via Google's translator):

Opaline lotion is very rich in essential oils of plants, including rosemary, clary sage and lemon balm. Hence its virtues toning and softening, as well as natural scents, vivid and warm, but no headers. The lotion also contains opaline brown India.

The ladies will appreciate the virtues casual opaline lotion to apply friction, eg on the legs, after a sporting activity or end of a busy day.
It is also very popular among men who use after-shave lotion.

Sounds like great stuff. Anyone have any experience with it? If so I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks, guys.

I love it but cannot add much to the description you found. If you want to try an easier to obtain "friction," Bigelow's carries Friction de Foucaud, which is also quite nice. Never thought of using it as an aftershave until receiving the Opaline. Perhaps tomorrow.

R

rum

I just bought a bottle of this... it arrived this lunch time. I intend to try it tomorrow morning. Any ideas what soap or cream it would go well with?

I have to say, it smells like heaven!!

I just bought a bottle of this... it arrived this lunch time. I intend to try it tomorrow morning. Any ideas what soap or cream it would go well with?

I have to say, it smells like heaven!!

Where did you pick yours up?

R

rum

Manudactum indeed. Postage a little high but at least their service was quite good and delivered through UPS.

I'm not really an after shave guy, but as it's summer and this was an impulse buy, I'll give it a go. Plus there's always moisturiser to go on afterwards if needed.

Any idea where to get this in the US? Or is the manufactum UK the best route?

I got mine through Manufactum, though I padded the order with several bottles of Alt-Innsbruck to help mitigate the insane shipping cost. :eek:

Note that my order spent 5-6 weeks in Customs, without explanation, before making its way to me. :mad:

The Lotion Opaline goes well with Provence Sante shaving soap--in fact, I'll choose it over their Linden/Verbena AS.

I got mine through Manufactum, though I padded the order with several bottles of Alt-Innsbruck to help mitigate the insane shipping cost. :eek:

Note that my order spent 5-6 weeks in Customs, without explanation, before making its way to me. :mad:

The Lotion Opaline goes well with Provence Sante shaving soap--in fact, I'll choose it over their Linden/Verbena AS.

I would do that too, but I found out that now Pasage Roulin has Alt Innsbruck in stock! I just ordered with them last week too...and it's currently on its way, somewhere in the US!

Very good company and prices, and speedy shipping! If only they carried the Opaline...

Any idea where to get this in the US? Or is the manufactum UK the best route?
I contacted Cathy at Colonial Drug. I figured if anyone state-side had it they would. Alas, they didn't. However, they do appear to be trying to get some in. I got this on the 6th..

Hi Mr. Beem,

We should be hearing from our British exporter shortly regarding availability and arrivals. We’ll be in touch. Cheers, Cathy b Colonial d

I wish them good luck. The only way I found to get it was through Manufactum, with the insane shipping cost and time.

Livi 7/8 : B&B Essential : Old Spice SS : Dominica Bay Rum

proxy.php

Nice SOTD! Wrong thread though I think.. :wink:

Hey fellas - could you give me a quick description of this product's scent? I'm on a business trip and my hotel is not too far away from a Manufactum store, so I'm trying to figure out if it's worth skipping a lunch for ...

Thanks in advance!

Top Bottom