What's new

my first straight razor shave

Good evening all :redface:

just had my first straight shave. I have bought a combo from eBay INOX STAINLESS STEEL, size 5/8" http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350187379691. Wow, what a feeling, got one nick, some redness over the neck but nothing major. I had some difficulty over the left side of the face, I saw the videos and noticed that both hands need to be used but could not trust my left hand, may be with time I will learn to trust. Does one need to shave with both hands or I can just wait and will get as good results on my left side with my right hand? what do you say?

Patience is a keyword here in straight razor shave I believe

thanks for this great site and tutorials

Best

Maher

Last edited:
Nice work! The first one is tough. After paitence I think persistance is second. Keep working at it and don't give up. I started using both hands and can't imagine doing it with one but lots of guys do.

I use one hand and don't have a problem. It's just whatever works for you... Sometimes I wish I used two because it seems more skilled, but I get by!

Congrats! I started with two hands, but had the same apprehension. I have found that I shave better with my left (off) hand maybe because I'm more cautious or I'm prone to less pressure with it. Regardless, I think it's the way to go because the angles and grips are more consistent and easier. Others feel differently, but it's the way for me. Good luck!

I use both hands, however, I have two left hands :tongue_sm Eventually, you'll just do whatever is most comfortable without having to give it much thought.

Congrats on your first shave!

I started with one hand and went to two, you will pick it up quickly and it does make getting the right angles easier.
Stick with it and above all ENJOY.:thumbup1:

Top Bottom