What's new

Barbershop Shave Video

I'm not sure if this video has been posted before but I thought it was interesting. I was also curious to what you gents might think of his stropping technique. A lot of slack :tongue_sm

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY46z9I90p0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

I have seen this before as it has been posted on B&B. I think that was in Dublin if I am not mistaken. I thought it was interesting that he used a real straight and not a disposable blade. The slack on the stropping wasn't anything that was too much to cause the edge to be rolled over I don't think. But it doesn't help. Not to mention that guy has probably been doing that for quite sometime with great proficiency and it didn't seem to affect the shave.

In my opinion, and it is only my opinion, I do not think that is the best form while stropping. Watch when he goes into "slow motion" mode, he is clearly lifting the spine at the end of his stroke.

Slack strop--I'm not sure if that's a big issue (I prefere taut), but lifting the spine?:eek:

EDIT: I guess I was thinking of another video about that same barber

Last edited:
In my opinion, and it is only my opinion, I do not think that is the best form while stropping. Watch when he goes into "slow motion" mode, he is clearly lifting the spine at the end of his stroke.

Slack strop--I'm not sure if that's a big issue (I prefere taut), but lifting the spine?:eek:

EDIT: I guess I was thinking of another video about that same barber

Yeah I actually found the video just yesterday while searching around for old threads and noticed your post about it. I did not find this exact video on B&B yet, but I perhaps am just not searching hard enough :biggrin:

Top Bottom