What's new

[Photography] So, who is into it?

I've always loved to take pictures and have a decent eye for it. I just haven't had a real nice quality camera until about a year ago when I got a D70s for work doing graphic design.

Anway, here's a few pictures I've taken recently (most within the past couple weeks).

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Wow really great pictures .... I want to by Nikon D50 for myself ... But how can I when, thanks to you guys, I don't have enough money for anything and if possibly have any I spend them on shaving stuff :lol:

I really enjoy photography and have a Canon SD550 pocket digital camera and a Canon Elan 7N SLR film. The only lens I have for the SLR is a 50mm/f1.4 lens. Unfortunately I really don't know how to adjust the settings on my SLR to get proper exposure and thus I don't use it much. I really need to find/take a class on using SLR cameras in manual mode.

Here are several I took with the Canon SD550:
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Obviously the middle one is the blown up version of my avatar.

Matt, those are some really sweet shots. How do you like the d70? I've got a d50, and i'm thinking about upgrading to the d70s or the d80. Also, is that you surfing, or someone you know?

That's my friend I surf with back at home. Shot was taken at wind and sea beach in san diego (la jolla area). It's a shore break so it's really easy to get nice close up pictures.

I really love my d70, but I couldn't recommend it to anyone since the d80 is such a great improvement. Especially the newer model of my ED lense now has VR (vibration reduction).

If you don't plan on doing large prints, I suppose a d70 would work fine for you since you don't need the 10 MPXL ccd. I can get really good large prints by blowing up images I save as fractals.

I've got a Nikon D70 for my digital photography needs, and I really enjoy it. Ive got the lower end, decent lenses; it's minimizing shake that gets me. I will say that I've gotten some photos that have made the purchase of the gear worth it to me though.

I really like the surfing action photo - looks like you got the guy at the moment of him falling off. The macro of the flower has great color and composition.

Sweet, I'm actually going to be down in la jolla in a few weeks with my girlfriend, hopefully a nice little sw will grace me with its presence :p Do you know who shaped that board and/or glassed it?

Also, thanks for the opinion on cameras. It'll probably still be a few months until I make my decision/purchase one, but I appreciate it.

Sweet, I'm actually going to be down in la jolla in a few weeks with my girlfriend, hopefully a nice little sw will grace me with its presence :p Do you know who shaped that board and/or glassed it?
Not off the top of my head... I might be able to find out.

I take pictures in my spare time. Nothing serious. I use a Nikon F2 Photomatic SLR and non C-41 process film. I dont have any of my pics scanned into the computer, but here are some digitals I took in my photography class for the digital section (we did each assignment in film and digital).

Landscape
View attachment 2838

Another landscape
View attachment 2839

Bad attempt at pan action (I had better results with film)
View attachment 2840

Selective focus
View attachment 2841

Stop action
View attachment 2842

I would do SOTD photos, but I don't leave myself my free time in the morning to compose a pretty SOTD picture.

Weekends /Nights? some guys lay there stuff out the night before then shoot and upload-

Where theres a will there is a way! :biggrin:

Top Bottom