What's new

Crock Pot vs Hot Pot vs Rice Cooker

MasterP,

I'm not sure which is faster. I use a Rival Hotpot. It takes about 30-45 seconds to get the water hot and maybe a full two minutes to get it to boil. The Rival should cost around $10 at Walmart or Target.

I apologize, I know this doesn't answer your question but maybe it helps.

DL

Yes it does help. I saw a post about someone using a small crock pot to make warm lather. I guess you can't lose with a $10 hot pot.

I wish I had space in my bathroom for any of these. Maybe one day I'll install my extra microwave in a bathroom!

Gonna say that Hotpot is by far the fastest. But one of those cute little single-serve stainless crockpots with the removable black stoneware liner is probably just the ticket to delicious slow cooked lather. Mmmmm. I'll bet it would heat up the water perfectly in the time it takes to shower and do the normal prepwork for a shave. Plus their not too much bigger than a big ol scuttle. If you're just looking for really hot water to whip up some lather then maybe a hotpot and scuttle is the best choice for price and practicality. The hotpot won't break like the crockpot might, in case you drop it.

That's the dilemma. I was also thinking of having Julie at DB make a custom bowl to fit the crockpot with ridges for lather production, so even if you break the inner bowl, you can have a customized one.:rolleyes:

Gonna say that Hotpot is by far the fastest. But one of those cute little single-serve stainless crockpots with the removable black stoneware liner is probably just the ticket to delicious slow cooked lather. Mmmmm. I'll bet it would heat up the water perfectly in the time it takes to shower and do the normal prepwork for a shave. Plus their not too much bigger than a big ol scuttle. If you're just looking for really hot water to whip up some lather then maybe a hotpot and scuttle is the best choice for price and practicality. The hotpot won't break like the crockpot might, in case you drop it.

Mmmmm mmmmm, nothing like tasty crockpot lather! Just like mom used to make! :lol:

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Nothing make hot or boiling water faster than these electric water heater pots - my wife is a tea drinker and this one is much faster than our old kettle for the stove.

Top Bottom