What's new

Tabula Rasa

I've tried searching this forum but haven't found much on this cream.

At $28 a tub (Lee's Razors), there should be a lot quality behind this. I saw there was a group buy for this a while back.

Which scent would you recommend? I saw they sell unscented, a sandalwood/amber, a dark lavender, and a tea with citrus.

I've never used it - however by the description of the scent, I wish I could find the dark lavender. I havent found anywhere that actually stocks it.

I just ordered the Dark Lavendar from Lee's the other day. Actually, I ordered the regular "unscented" version, but made a request for the Dark Lavendar in the special instructions before finally submitting my order. Later I got confirmation that my special request will be fufilled. As for those other scents, this is the first time I am hearing about it.

I had a sample of Dark Lavender a couple of years ago. I liked it - not very much like lavender - more a citrusy, musky smell with something like the smell of a wet pavement when it rains after a long dry spell. A decent but not super cushioned shave. It's on my wish list but it's not made the cut when I've been ordering - I went with the CF lavender this time, maybe next time.

I've never used it - however by the description of the scent, I wish I could find the dark lavender. I havent found anywhere that actually stocks it.

Lee's stocks it and so does the lady who makes it. Google "1000 and 1 seife". The sight is in German so either use Google translator or ask for help.

I pulled this thread up as I, too, am wondering about it. I placed an order with Lee's so I could try the much-talked-about Santa Maria Novella cream, then saw the page about this stuff.
They describe it as "shaving's hidden secret".....with that kind of statement, I had to check it out. I found reviews elsewhere and it sounds like it may have characteristics of soap and cream.....perhaps a dense, stiff consistency. Its offered in unscented, dark lavender, vetyver/bergamot, and tea. Naturally, I ordered two fragrances (I have enough creams and soap for years), the lavender and the vetyver.
Looking forward to trying all these creams!
BTW, the coupon code (BBSHIP) didn't work. I placed a notre in the comment section and will see if that does the trick.

I've tried searching this forum but haven't found much on this cream.

At $28 a tub (Lee's Razors), there should be a lot quality behind this. I saw there was a group buy for this a while back.

Which scent would you recommend? I saw they sell unscented, a sandalwood/amber, a dark lavender, and a tea with citrus.

I have the dk lavender and the vetiver, I love them both. Recently I got a sample of tea from Lee's and it smells gloriously

I had the dark lavender, used it a few times and put it away. It was okay, but I didn't love it. IMHO, Olivias creams & soaps shave better and smell better.

I had the plain one but sold it. It certainly was a quality cream, but it was very dry and required a lot of work to make a good lather.

Is this the Tabula Rasa you are speaking of? I read that it is one of the best shaving creams! I was looking forwards to try it out some day but it is to much expensive in some e-commerce stores..

Last edited:
I just ordered some and it was $28. "Expensive" is a relative term....this product (and the $52 SMN) are both described as "very dense". My impression is they are somewhere between a soap and a cream. Many folks have commented that a tub lasts a LONG time!

I tried this cream and found it to be an excellent performer. Its very different than some of the more common creams....sort of between a soap and a cream. Building a lather takes adjustment from usual techniques. One thing I wonder about: why do they use such a big tub? 90g packed in an AoS-sized tub looks a bit lonely!

Last edited:
The product is highly whipped when new, but apparantly it collapses which casues the volume to significantly dcrease within the container.

I rechecked the tubs (I got two) and would judge them to be approx 25% full. Try picturing half the amount in a TOBS tub in a SMN tub and you'd get the idea. This is some fine stuff, though. I played around lathering it using the technique described in shaving101.com and found that it works well. When I tried shaving with it, the benefits really shined. Though it seemed more like a soap on my face, the protection offered was superb!

I've been using this product awhile now and find that, the more I use it, the more I love it! Yes, it takes practice to adjust to lathering it, but once mastered, it is an outstanding performer!

I guess when you get down to it, the primary purpose of a good shave cream is creating a layer of protection between skin and razor.....this stuff excels!

Top Bottom