What's new

Saddleback Leather Briefcase

I've been in search of good briefcase for a few years now.

A few weeks ago I settled on the large Saddelback Briefcase (chestnut) and love it.

I've done a lot of research and it seems there are mixed reviews on the quality of Saddleback products which is why I'm posting this. The only thing that I can figure out is that (most likely) the company went through a period of growth that caused their product quality to suffer.

I can assure you this is no longer the case. This case is superb and is everything that Saddleback promises it will be.

If you have any specific questions about the bag I'd be glad to answer them.

proxy.php

Homer,

I have the same bag in a medium coffee brown and I love it. My only minor complaint is that the backpack carry mode is not really comfortable or easy to get on your back.

--Dennis

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I've done a lot of research and it seems there are mixed reviews on the quality of Saddleback products which is why I'm posting this. The only thing that I can figure out is that (most likely) the company went through a period of growth that caused their product quality to suffer.

I had come across the various opinions, and thought it was a bit of a "horses for courses" situation ... Saddleback gives me the impression that they make "rugged" rather than "refined" stuff, so someone looking for the feel and finish of a Swayne Adney case will be sadly let down, just like a Rolls Royce owner would be unimpressed with a mountain-climbingly rugged Jeep.

Doc -

I certainly think that's part of it, but what I'm referring to is specific reviews about the poor quality of stitching on the bag and other workmanship issues.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Doc -

I certainly think that's part of it, but what I'm referring to is specific reviews about the poor quality of stitching on the bag and other workmanship issues.

That could certaily be true too.

Keep us posted with your ongoing experiences and opinion of this item!!

I know a couple of guys that have one and they swear by them. That has always been good enough for me. Congrats on a Great bag :cool:

:001_rolle

Well when they are only sold online you pretty much have to rely on online reviews which is why I made this post to reassure anyone else that might have doubts.

It is a great bag.

FYI: I don't typically carry a laptop but am traveling this weekend and my Macbook easily fits in this size bag (large).

I just purchased Saddleback's Satchel to replace my current man bag. I must say I agree with you 100% about the quality. I was a little apprehensive to purchase something so expensive online that I could not see or touch beforehand, but I really am very impressed with the quality of this bag. I saw a review on the gadgeteer, where there is also a review of the briefcase, and this gave me the confidence to take the plunge. After one week I am very happy.

That is a wonderful case! I look forward to hearing what you think after you use it a while as mine is very definitely on the decline and will be replaced soon.

Do you have a saddleback case or some other case?

I have this case. After 12 years of daily use including almost weekly air travel, it is about to be retired to a field bag. Still going strong, just looks a little ragged for work.

Now I just have to wait some amount of time before getting their great looking duffel so that Mrs. Homer will not kill me!

:biggrin:

I recently got one of their "seconds" of the 'Bay. It probably looks like a new one would after a month of use, for much less than full price. I'm very happy with it so far--one of their large briefcases.

But nobody else should buy one; if there are too many around, it won't look unique.:wink:

I recently got one of their "seconds" of the 'Bay. It probably looks like a new one would after a month of use, for much less than full price. I'm very happy with it so far--one of their large briefcases.

But nobody else should buy one; if there are too many around, it won't look unique.:wink:

I didn't know you could buy seconds from them.

Thanks for letting that cat out of the bag :smile::biggrin:

I've been drooling over these for about a year now (I think I got the link here)! I've been saving my pennies for one of these and am about half way there. I'm looking at the large coffee brown case.

Top Bottom