What's new

Saddleback Leather Briefcase

I also have the briefcase in dark coffee brown. I can definitely concur that it is a well made bag, and looks amazing. I do have issues with its comfort while carrying, though. But even so, I admit i'm friggin' obsessed with Saddleback's stuff! I've been saving for one of their suitcases for awhile now...they look amazing!

Does anyone else out there have a suitcase?

Well gentlemen, due to certain life changes (namely an expecting wife) I am being forced to re-evaluate certain things and am therefore considering putting this beauty up on eBay.

I thought I might give yall a heads up to see if anyone would be interested in taking this off my hands for a good discount.

It sells new for $535 + s&h. You can tell that it's practically new from the first post and I've carried it maybe 2 of every 5 work days since I've gotten it.

I'm hoping to get around $450 (shipped) and for a B&B member, I'd also include at least $100 worth of various shave gear. (I'm thinking a razor, brush, and various quality soaps/creams, and maybe some EdT).

Since I'm looking to dramatically pare down my embarrassing large shave den collection this would be a good opportunity for you to get in on a great deal! :001_cool:

(Paypal)

PM if interested at all.

Last edited:

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Sorry to hear about your possible sale...and damnit if I didnt just purchase a Large Briefcase in Coffee like 20 minutes ago. Man...I would have loved to pick up yours for $450. Oh well...

Ill keep you all posted on my purchase.

I did buy the Large Coffee Brown Briefcase and Black Wallet

I ordered an XL briefcase a few days before a 2 week trip to Thailand. It arrived hours before take off and I transfered all my stuff into my new carryon (with a lot of room to spare). When I ordered the bag, the lady said..."XL?... thats a log of bag" Im 6'4 pushing 3 spins on the dial, so hey Im a lot of man. When I opened the box, first thing mmmm the smell! And its in a plastic bag! Open it up and boss comes by, "wow, thats a beautiful bag, whered ya get it?!?" I look at the bag and amazed at how much room i still have in there. 15" mac book pro, ipod, book, camera, change of underclothes(18 hour flight) and finally think, maybe I should got the Large... I was surprised at how many looks I got going through the airports with it.
My 2 week trip got turned into 5 and I had lots of walks around the country with my bag. One day I accidentally ended up in a buddhist temple. I was "talking" with a monk and he was eyeing my bag, I handed it to him and he posed for a photo with the bag! It was a great photo, unfortunately I lost my thumb drive with the photo on it.
This bag is so cool, it is now my murse (man purse). I live out of my car and now I can have everything with me at all times, I can bail out of the car and have it all slung over my shoulder in a moment. Even my girlfriend who has spent even more money on a purse than I did on this monster says shes jealous of it. Quality is there, and once I got a good look at it, I decided I did fine and it was worth the price. Gotta admit their duffle bag is on my wish list.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I LOVE my XL bag. I have to say that the only thing I dont like about it, and because of the load i was carrying in the briefcase is how it ended up leaning. When the briefcase is placed on the table, it tends to lean forward a bit rather than straight up.

Other than that...I love it. I get more compliments in the hospital I work in an any other bag ive owned. Everyone asks for the website so they can purchase it. The 100 year warranty is nice as well.

I've been pining for one of these for about a 1.5 years now. Being a poor student doesn't help my cause. I think I'll reward myself with a briefcase and a suitcase/duffel when I make it big aka get a job.

I have had a medium for about 18 months, and generally echo the comments on the high quality. However, the three straps (buckle on the front) of mine were of a lesser quality and weight than the rest of the bag's leather ... the finish seemed to begin cracking almost immediately, and the sides of the straps frayed as the straps were not solid leather as I would
ve expected from this most used piece of leather on the bag, but two thin stips of leather with some fabric sewn in between. As someone stated above, maybe they have rectified this with later designs.

I also echo the problem with the leaning. I would also recommend going a size larger than you think you need from the measurements ... the thickness of the leather and the way it "accordions" on the ends leaaves the comfortable placement of items inside as slightly less than I expected ... I should've gotten a large for my purposes. The leather is heavy, and adds to the bulkiness of the bag, but also the look and my sense that this will be used by my hiers.

Finally, while the "backpack" set up is less than ideal (it is comfortable enough), I really appreciate it as there are so few high quality, rugged briefcases with that feature, it was the only one I considered for my use. I often ride my 1940 Harley Knucklehead to work, and don't have saddlebags ... so I need the briefcase to become a backpack. Have gotten lots of oogles.

R

rugged_briefcase

I could not resist commenting on this thread. You guys are discussing one of the most wonderdful leather bags you can find in the market today. SB has all the quality you need - rugged, rustic, boot leather or vintage leather look. I own three now in my 37 years of life.

However, I must admit I was amazed to see another brand that has matched the quality and durability beyond expectation. It is Glanor and they are still in the process of setting up an online outlet but you can find more information on their website at http://www.glanor.com They are currently only selling through authorized resellers or brand brick and mortar stores.

I had come across the various opinions, and thought it was a bit of a "horses for courses" situation ... Saddleback gives me the impression that they make "rugged" rather than "refined" stuff, so someone looking for the feel and finish of a Swayne Adney case will be sadly let down, just like a Rolls Royce owner would be unimpressed with a mountain-climbingly rugged Jeep.

:huh: A Jeep ????
At the very least, the Saddleback bags are Range Rovers.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
YOu know...i really like my saddleback. I have two problems with it after owning it for two years now. ITS HEAVY!!!! and that stupid flap loves to flap open instead of staying closed. I recently started taking it to school. I carry my laptop and at least 1-2 books and that thing weighs like 300 pounds on my shoulder. People give me the greatest compliments when im walking with it. When i let them shoulder it, I always here ***!! Why would you carry something that heavy.

Ill eventually switch out when I come into some money again :)

Top Bottom