What's new

Bic metal a bit disappointing

I just tried a Bic Metal disposable razor this morning and was a bit disappointed after hearing great things. It was not particularly sharp or smooth, and I seemed to have a fair bit of razor burn afterwards.

Any special techniques to get the best out of these little things?

when ever anyone asked about using disposables i always recommended these after recently trying some and finding them very good, but i started to notice that the last couple of times i wasn't getting the nice smooth shaves as before.
i just changed to another one and it was fine, so either

1. there is a QC issue with some of them
2. the first use isn't good and 'stropping might help'

i'm going to try the BiC single blade disposables (yellow & white ones) that are still available everywhere to compare, but i remember years ago that they were evil and my face didn't like them, that could have been inexperience though

oof, yeah... the first use of a new Metal is HARSH... I've always noticed this too... I nearly always nick the center of my throat on day 1 of that blade...

can't really argue with a razor that costs about 40¢ a piece.

Surprising thread. Recently purchased from bed bath and beyond and used on a trip.

Still requires good beard prep and proper angles to achieve bbs. IMO shaves like a de razor.

I don't like the Bic Metal either. I much prefer the Bic Sensitive.

It has been years since I have used a Bic (kept them at the office but am now retired so I usually use a DE), but the Sensitive was the best of the two available then. The metal hasn't been available in my area very long so I haven't tried them.

They require a bit of pressure and extra passes for me. They are not as good as a DE but better than the other disposables that I have tried. I keep them around to clean up the ears since the profile is so slim.

Top Bottom