What's new

Aristocrat question

Hi folks,

I won an ebay auction on a cased 48' to '50 gold Aristocrat. It's missing one endcap and the plating is decent on the handle, but pretty poor on the head.

This was all apparent on the auction listing, but what I didn't catch is this is a bit of a frankenrazor. One of the silo doors is not original, probably from a superspeed or something similar. That door is completely silver, probably never had gold plating. Since the plating on the head was not great I did not pick that up on the pictures, thought the plating was just mostly gone on that door.

I only paid $13.50 for the whole thing shipping included. I didn't leave the seller negative feedback, because he may not have realized that door was not original, and if I had looked at the photos online more carefully this would have been apparent to me.

I sent the seller a message telling him the problem, but not really expecting anything of it, figured I could still make my money back on it on the BST forum.

Without my requesting it, he refunded my payment for the item, including shipping. The question for you guys is, should I keep the refund and send it back, or do you think I stand a good chance on making my money back on the BST forum? Of course in that instance I would "refund the refund" to the seller.

Here's a link to the auction for reference.

Last edited:
Well, if the alignment is OK, then nothing you describe should affect the shaving. The eBay seller did do a decent job of showing the flaws and the missing endcap. I bought an Aristocrat on da Bay and it was missing an endcap, but that end of the head was cleverly not shown. But I used it as a shaver and the price was low, so I was not really upset. If the case is in decent shape, I would think you could get that price for the whole set. I have a few caseless Aristocrats and I presume other folks out there do too.

Top Bottom