What's new

There was a wailing and gnashing of teeth from the Razor Collector Gods !

So Sunday night ( AEST ) is my leisurely DE shave night.

Now what's the good of having a razor if you don't use it , so last night I opened up the Aristocrat #16 I just obtained and....shock...horror.....used it to actually shave !!!!!!! :tongue_sm

I could hear all the collective collectors wailing and moaning that this shouldn't be used...it should be put in a cabinet to people to gawk at !!!

Well sorry guys, this is a great razor to shave with. I must admit that I've only been DEing for the last two weeks and have previously used a slim which hasn't been past 3.

The Aristocrat to me appeared to be easier to use and gave me a better shave. Don't know if it's the weight or the shorter handle or maybe just the fact that I've not had two weeks experience, but last night .....BBS !!!! :w00t:

So to all those collectors out there, sorry but I'm just not into having things just for show, they're for practical use.......

I think this is going to be my regular razor !

Looking for many more BBSs with the Aristocrat :001_smile

I think you'll find that most of us here believe in using everything, at least once, if for no other reason than curiosity. I have a Gem Micromatic(not nearly as old but a good example, none the less) that has never been out of its original packaging on the way as we speak. It will be put on display until my birthday, when it will be put into use for the first time ever.

Congratulations on a great shave.

You have inspired me Fidjit...I am using my Aristocrat tomorrow morning! It looks so nice that I have not used it since acquiring it about six weeks ago. That is about to change.:ohmy:

I started to shave with each new one I bought. However, lately I have been buying razors faster than my beard grows!!! I have a bit of a waiting list and still like my 38C for most shaves, but at some point I will shave will all in my collection ... including my prized cased Aristocrat.

These things were made to be used or else they would have never been made, but lucky for us no one thought of that yet:001_smile

I think you'll find that most of us here believe in using everything, at least once, if for no other reason than curiosity.

I think this is a pretty fair assessment. Just this morning I used a King Oscillator Razor for no other reason than curiosity.

I have shaved with several n.o.s. razors including a HD Rocket and an adjustable Schick Injector,and I am about to recieve a Gem Contour 2 which will also be used.:smile:I can't see the point of spending big dollars for something,just so I can look at it.:rolleyes:I could end up like Achim shaving with a Fusion.:eek::eek: No thank you.:wink:

Yes I agree that items that derive their purpose from function (cars, blenders, razors, lawnmowers) should be used, but when it comes to collecting razors it's very similar to collecting stamps: they're worth more to the collector if they're un-used :lol:

besides- who would want to shave with an inferior DE when they can shave with a straight? :tongue_sm

Top Bottom