What's new

Taylor Eton College - runny??

I received my sample pack from the Shave Den yesterday afternoon and went to smelling my goodies as soon as i ripped into the pack. Everything looked great until i opened up my sample of Eton College. It was very runny, and could have poured right out of the tub had i turned it over. Is this typical of this cream, I can't imagine it is, or did i receive a bad batch? I tried stirring and it didn't make a big difference. I plan to try lathering with it tonight to see if its usable.

It was very runny, and could have poured right out of the tub had i turned it over. Is this typical of this cream, I can't imagine it is, or did i receive a bad batch?

This is not how it's supposed to be. Sounds like a bad batch. Eton College is one of my favorite TOBS creams, by the way.

Shouldn't be that way. Give it a good stir then pop it in the fridge overnight. That may be all it needs. If not, you could then assume bad batch.

I just got a sampler from Shave Den as well only my Mr. Taylor was somewhat runny, so much so that some seeped out of the little tub. I imagine its from the temp maybe because when I left in my bathroom overnight it was fine the next day.

I also recommend popping it in the fridge for a while. I got a Salters mint that was very runny, and this helped.

The only way to find out if it was a bad batch is to lather that sucker up.

My very first SC (two years ago) was Eton College and it wasn't at all runny. I also recently got a small quantity along with some other samples from Rorschuck and that wasn't at all runny either.

Mine too is the same, got it str8 from Taylor's. Must be the batch, but it works just fine as is. I'll post the batch number later or tomarrow morning for your reference.

This also once happened with TOBS Avocado also bought from Taylor's directlty. I email to ask about it, and they sent me another tub free of charge, needless to say it was a different batch number and firm like their other creams.

If I were you I'd email Taylor's directly and tell them about it. It's worthwhile doing so.

thanks slickster. I'm not going to press the issue too much as this was just a 2 dollar sample from the shave den. But I really enjoy the scent, so i'm glad this isn't a regular occurance because if it shaves well it could become an instant favorite

Just got my order from Classic Shaving and same issue. I've used Eton in the past - never looked like this. The TOBS Avocado from the same order was fine. I chucked the EC into the fridge and we'll see what it looks like tomorrow. If it doesn't affect the shave, no biggie.

Ive bought Taylors creams all at once (4 tubs, to be precise) and each had a different consistency . Didnt effect the shave though!

...and 24 hours in the bathroom turned the EC back into gelatinous goo. However, consistency inconsistencies did not affect the shave at all! Still shaves well, so all is good.

My first encounter with the batch R02 (the runny batch) was in July 2008 while on vaction in London, bought direct from TOBS. I hope they move on to the nesxdt one for my next tub, whenever that may be.

an overnighter in my fridge tightened my E.C. up enough to get a good dallop into my shave bowl. Produced a nice lather with a nice subtle breezy scent. Overall it was a pretty decent shave.

Top Bottom