What's new

Pipe Smoker Check-In

I've smoked a pipe on and off since college (just about 24 years ago :eek: ), but my most recent spate was probably over 5 years ago, as I tend to favor cigars nowadays. I'm thinking of breaking out the pipes again, though, mostly because of all the discussions here at B&B!

Yes! I've been smoking pipes and cigars for nearly 30 years! I own dozens of high quality pipes (Dunhill, Comoys, Savinelli, etc), I enjoy smoking most after a fine meal or in my back yard at sunset. My favorite cigar is by Arturo Fuente. My Favorite pipe tobacco is by Tinder Box called Aalborg (a cavendish blend...very aromatic my wife loves it!). Smoking improves my ability to relax and ponder the world---well maybe just the smoke curls and rings, BTW, I met my wife at a tobacco shop! And YES--I smoke in the house!
Keep on puffing my friends!
Remember someone once said: "A woman is ---Just a woman; But--- a Cigar is a FINE smoke:!

I quit cigarettes a few months ago - but I did continue to smoke cigars from time to time (less than once per week - on average)... In the past month (or so) I've become interested in pipes (again - well, I've always thought that they were interesting but I never tried them before) and I've smoked a couple of bowls... it is an interesting alternative to a cigar for somebody who wants a good smoke (rather than a cigarette - which, IMO, wasn't a good smoke). I'm not sure which camp I'll end up in (maybe both? maybe neither?)

I'm not sure which camp I'll end up in (maybe both? maybe neither?)
Fortunately, for me it's not either/or, it's both. I like my pipes, but I also enjoy a good cigar. I never got a taste for cigarettes, thank goodness! (And they don't "taste" like much anyway! :001_rolle )

Pipe smoker here. Been smoking several years, but usually only in winter and not on a real regular basis. I do enjoy the smoke and the aroma etc., but I really don't care for the taste it leaves in my mouth when I'm done. I do smoke in the house, and sometimes outdoors too, but have learned not to kiss my wife after I've smoked. THAT, is going too far:tongue_sm

Top Bottom