What's new

Pipe Smoker Check-In

It sure seems like we have a quite a few pipe smokers here. I've only had one for a couple of weeks, so I'm not much of one, but I try. I was curious how many others are here. :smile:

I started smoking a pipe this summer. I smoked cigars every now and then before that. There is so many choices in pipe smoking its going to take a life time to try most of them.

Andrew

I am with you Tim...learning from some of the Forum members here and other sites on the internet. Just ordered my second decent pipe yesterday.

Pipe and cigar smoker here. Don't smoke my pipes much these days, I kind of go in phases. I usually find time to get in a few good cigars per week.

I also go in phases. Might not smoke at all for a year, then smoke a pipe once a day for a few days, then it might be another year. I'm not really good at it, I guess. Same thing with my hookah. I might smoke it once every several months, if even that much. Either one, to me, is far better (tasting and smelling) than cigarettes. In the off time, I don't smoke at all. Guess I never could build up a proper addiction.
John P.

Pipe smoker here too. Have a great supplier in Georgetown Tobocca in D.C. They have some very nice blends and a great selection of pipes. I keep mine in a nice little stand in my den, and probably enjoy a nice smoke once a month or so.

I though this was an interesting thread since there seems to be a number of people that are just beginning the habbit. I was wondering if those people are already smokers of another tobacco or if they are previous non-smokers wanting to try something different out.

Sorry if this is hijacking the thread. I will start a new one if need be.

I though this was an interesting thread since there seems to be a number of people that are just beginning the habbit. I was wondering if those people are already smokers of another tobacco or if they are previous non-smokers wanting to try something different out.

Sorry if this is hijacking the thread. I will start a new one if need be.

Well I smoke cigars on occasion...have for the last 10 years. I dabbled with the pipe a few years back. Unfortunately I didn't have much info so my experience was with more bulk blends from my local Tinder Box. I would purchase what smelled really good...taste didn't necessarily coincide with that. Not much help from them either.

Now with the sampling of English and Virginia tobaccos I am finding a whole new appreciation. Nothing wrong with aromatics...but the ones I had tried coupled with a poor technique left something to be desired.

I prefer Cuban cigars, but I have been smoking my pipe much more lately, it really is much more cost effective.
Cheers, DJ.

I am most anxiously awaiting the arrival of an absolutely gorgeous pipe that unfortunately appears to have been delayed in the post. If that package ends up lost...:eek:

Pipe smoker here. Been smoking a pipe for twelve or thirteen years. I smoke mostly tobacco store blends, but have "rediscovered" the McClelland's tinned stuff (like the Frog Morton blends).

Top Bottom