Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pipe Smoker Check-In

Images

Pipe smoker here as well (with a humidor FULL of old stogies! ).
    [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=Blue]Howard L. Sheppard howardsheppard(at)sbcglobal.net[/COLOR][/FONT] "I wish I were less awkward around strangers. I never know what to say when someone asks me who I am and what in the world I'm doing in their house." -- Andy Ihnatko

me=started about a month ago, smoke maybe once a week or so. loving it so far...entirely relaxing.
    [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Razorblades are for faces, not forearms[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by prophet View Post
    me=started about a month ago, smoke maybe once a week or so. loving it so far...entirely relaxing.
    A cigarette is to be smoked, a cigar is to be enjoyed, and a pipe is to be savored.

I've smoked a pipe on and off since college (just about 24 years ago ), but my most recent spate was probably over 5 years ago, as I tend to favor cigars nowadays. I'm thinking of breaking out the pipes again, though, mostly because of all the discussions here at B&B!
    Zach

Quote Originally Posted by ada8356 View Post
    Something about the subject made me chuckle when I read it...
    Clearly said, PIPE - Gutter mind!
    Tim

HELP SUPPORT B&B

And malt does more than Milton can
    To justify God's ways to man.
    -A.E. Housman

Have a question, PM a mod. That's why we're here!

Default Smoke in your eyes

Yes! I've been smoking pipes and cigars for nearly 30 years! I own dozens of high quality pipes (Dunhill, Comoys, Savinelli, etc), I enjoy smoking most after a fine meal or in my back yard at sunset. My favorite cigar is by Arturo Fuente. My Favorite pipe tobacco is by Tinder Box called Aalborg (a cavendish blend...very aromatic my wife loves it!). Smoking improves my ability to relax and ponder the world---well maybe just the smoke curls and rings, BTW, I met my wife at a tobacco shop! And YES--I smoke in the house!
    Keep on puffing my friends!
    Remember someone once said: "A woman is ---Just a woman; But--- a Cigar is a FINE smoke:!
    [FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Conejo Bubba[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]"Shaving with an axe is my favorite way to impress the girl bubbas! It shows-off my entelagents"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyBoston View Post
    Clearly said, PIPE - Gutter mind!
    in french, edit . (well, it's also the pipe you smoke too).

I smoke pipe and cigars.
    Last edited by AACJ; 11-09-2006 at 05:17 AM.
    Regards, Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Greenleaf View Post
    in french, une pipe is a .
    Appreicate the info, but all due respect, I don't think that kind of language is appropriate. Sorry, but it's the way I feel. No offense intended.
    Last edited by TimmyBoston; 11-09-2006 at 04:52 AM.
    Tim

HELP SUPPORT B&B

-A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyBoston View Post
    Appreicate the info, but all due respect, I don't think that kind of language is appropriate. Sorry, but it's the way I feel. No offense intended.
    oops sorry, didn't meant to be rude
    Last edited by Greenleaf; 11-09-2006 at 05:31 AM.
    Regards, Kevin

Thanks for the edit, much appreciated.
    Tim

HELP SUPPORT B&B

-A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by MasonM View Post
    A cigarette is to be smoked, a cigar is to be enjoyed, and a pipe is to be savored.
    Mason,

While out on the road get yourself a Gurka (Red Label) cigar and you'll find enjoyment indeed. :)

Seth

Images

I quit cigarettes a few months ago - but I did continue to smoke cigars from time to time (less than once per week - on average)... In the past month (or so) I've become interested in pipes (again - well, I've always thought that they were interesting but I never tried them before) and I've smoked a couple of bowls... it is an interesting alternative to a cigar for somebody who wants a good smoke (rather than a cigarette - which, IMO, wasn't a good smoke). I'm not sure which camp I'll end up in (maybe both? maybe neither?)
    [FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="4"]- NM[SIZE="2"][ichael][/SIZE]MB[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"][URL="http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3596"][SIZE="2"]NMMB's Hall of fame entry[/SIZE][/URL] michael(at)badgerandblade.com[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"]"Economics is both the guardian of rationality and the defender of the poor." - Stennes, Krcmar-Nozic & van Kooten (1998)[/SIZE][/FONT]

Images

Quote Originally Posted by NMMB View Post
    I'm not sure which camp I'll end up in (maybe both? maybe neither?)
    Fortunately, for me it's not either/or, it's both. I like my pipes, but I also enjoy a good cigar. I never got a taste for cigarettes, thank goodness! (And they don't "taste" like much anyway! )
    [FONT="Trebuchet MS"]I do not belong to the school which holds that aggression is to be met by concession. Mine is the opposite creed, which teaches that encroachments must be met at the beginning, and that those who act on the opposite principle are prepared to become slaves. In this case, in particular, I hold concession or compromise to be fatal.[i]--John C. Calhoun of South Carolina[/i][/font]

Quote Originally Posted by MasonM View Post

truer words were never spoken
    [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Razorblades are for faces, not forearms[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]

Pipe smoker here. Been smoking several years, but usually only in winter and not on a real regular basis. I do enjoy the smoke and the aroma etc., but I really don't care for the taste it leaves in my mouth when I'm done. I do smoke in the house, and sometimes outdoors too, but have learned not to kiss my wife after I've smoked. THAT, is going too far
    Orest [indent][size="1"]Some minds remain open long enough for the truth not only to enter but to pass on through by way of a ready exit without pausing anywhere along the route. Sr. Elizabeth Kenny I am incurably convinced that the object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid. G. K. Chesterton[/size][/indent]

modern man

Quote Originally Posted by Dinder1 View Post
    I prefer Cuban cigars, but I have been smoking my pipe much more lately, it really is much more cost effective.
    Cheers, DJ.

never under estimate the power of a Dominican cigar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12