What's new

Smooth Faced Runners?

1) 4 miles
2) 24 miles
3) Varies but I'm using Nikes Reax 3's right now but have had consistently good results from New Balance and Asics.
4)Clothing to me is one of my most important considerations, I always run in spandex under my shorts, I hate chafing. Started running without sunglasses and still can't get used to wearing for running. Tunes are mandatory.
5) A little over 10min/mile but hoping it will go up as I drop weight
6.) Not really a race for myself as I'm not doing it competitively but Nov. 9th will be running a 5k for wounded warriors

Great Cause for the 5K!!! :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

There aren't any trails near me. My old high school, which is a 5 min. drive from me, has a special track for running. It's very comfortable. The problem is that running in a circle is just so boring. I can't bring myself to do it regularly.

Those tracks are great for your joints, but I agree with you running in circles has got to be the worst type of run there is! I had to do 4 miles on the track once, that's 16 times around the most boring stretch of recycled rubber on earth! Track running is very hard to do.

Only time I ran regularly was when I was conned into running a marathon with some friends,

Weekly mileage ranged from 15 to 35 miles per week depending on training schedule.
Shoes were Asics Gel Nimbus but now Brooks Hurricane
Garmin Forerunner to make sure I only ran the required distance, not a step more, MP3 player, comfortable clothes, and Bodyglide(chafing sucks), hats and sunglasses
Training pace usually hovered around 9 minutes
race pace 8 to 8.5 min/mile
I have ran 2 Marathons, 5 halfs and a handful of 5K's but am in no way built to be a runner, more of a stubborn mule than anything.

For those that are just starting, one thing I learned was no matter how much I was running, the first mile to mile and a half were ALWAYS painful. Once you get past that you get into a rhythm and things go a lot smoother (most of the time)

This site has great info if you are interested in getting started
http://www.halhigdon.com/

Telly, you can get upto 80% of the benefits of running by walking equivalent distances/times.

1) typically 7-15 miles
2) 30-50 miles/week
3) Asics, always asics for me.
4) Need to run with friends, no motivation on my own
5) training pace around 8 min/mi
6) upcoming, JFK 50 mile (what a stupid decision)
usually a 1-2 marathons a year, some 10 milers and halfs.

I run mainly for stress relief, feeling of accomplishment and to get out into
nature. I usually run in the parks that are all around, on trails or bike paths.
Its a good time away from everything spent talking about anything with
friends. My version of hitting the neighborhood bar for a beer every night
on the way home from work I guess.

Top Bottom