What's new

Could Menthol be my holy grail?

I just purchased Osage Rub. I don't know if it is the menthol but the Osage and my Generic Skin Bracer but once it dries my face feels awesome. Not dry, sticky, or greasy. Just perfect and also very smooth. The Skin bracer and the Osage are the only splashes that I own that cool my face. The Generic Aqua Velva doesn't cool my face.

Anyone else experience this?

Here are my A/S Splashes and how they feel.

Generic Aqua Velva: Leaves face slightly greasy/shiny once it drys.

Master Topaz: Face is neither dry or greasy. Has a bit of shine and face not smooth.

Speick: Leaves face slightly moisturized but not greasy.

Generic Skin Bracer: Leaves skin smooth and not greasy or dry.

Osage Rub: Leaves skin smooth and not greasy or dry.

If you haven't tried the real deal Aqua Velva, be aware that the generic imitators are not as good. No, I haven't tried all of them, but the ones I've tried were nowhere near as good as the real thing.
I'll join in here; menthol is an essential ingredient in AS, for me anyway. And I've been using Aqua Velva for over thirty years! :velva2:

where did you pick up your Osage Rub?

I purchased at a Beauty Supply Store. I don't believe it was a chain /franchise such as Sallys. It just said Beauty Supply on outside. You can always order it online but it unfortunately won't be as cheap. I paid $5.80 out the door.

If you haven't tried the real deal Aqua Velva, be aware that the generic imitators are not as good. No, I haven't tried all of them, but the ones I've tried were nowhere near as good as the real thing.
I'll join in here; menthol is an essential ingredient in AS, for me anyway. And I've been using Aqua Velva for over thirty years! :velva2:

I have used the Original Aqua Velva many times. I use Kroger brand and it smells very close. It also leaves my face a bit greasy like the original (not excessively greasy). I do think it lacks some menthol like the original. I never tried the original Skin Bracer but the Kroger brand has a lot of menthol.

Top Bottom