What's new

New items at Ashford

murchmb said:
Does anyone know about this set?

http://www.ashford.com/product/inde...7255980+2147255055&pf_id=42561&Ns=PriorityAsh

The brush says it is a 3 1/4 compact Super Badger, but the only T&H compact I've seen is 3 1/2 inches. Typo? The set seems like a good value given how much the ASB costs alone. I'm trying to put a nice budget kit together for a friend and can't find a decent brush (the SR-120's are out of stack at QED.)
I just chatted with Sales at Ashford about this brush and they affirmed that it is a Truefitt & Hill brush. If you read further in their advertisement,
Measurements provided on this page are approximate.

Good catch guenron! This would lead me to my next question, which I also posed on the Hard Soap Brush recommendation thread. This brush looks an awful lot like a Simpson PJ1. Is it?

murchmb said:
Good catch guenron! This would lead me to my next question, which I also posed on the Hard Soap Brush recommendation thread. This brush looks an awful lot like a Simpson PJ1. Is it?
I hate to say this, and PLEASE don't read it as a slight, put down, or me being an old codger (I am), but I really do not care who made it. If it is good enough for T&H to stake their reputation on, it is good enough for me to accept. There is a cult of badger hair detectives running about on some of these forums who seem to value their pith and ken on how obnoxious they can be in pressing some of the manufacturers or their reps into disclosing third party oem agreements. Just not my game. Please don't take offense. I attempt to facilitate, not antagonize.
Happy Holidays (Politically Correct Way of Saying, Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Joyful Kwanzah, and to my many less spiritual, more commercial friends, GOOD SHOPPING!:smile: )

I was looking at that combo also, as a potential gift for my father. He has shown some interest in my insanity.... I think it is a really good deal.

As for Badger Detectives: Forensics Investigation, the TV Drama, I have little interest.

guenron said:
I hate to say this, and PLEASE don't read it as a slight, put down, or me being an old codger (I am), but I really do not care who made it. If it is good enough for T&H to stake their reputation on, it is good enough for me to accept. There is a cult of badger hair detectives running about on some of these forums who seem to value their pith and ken on how obnoxious they can be in pressing some of the manufacturers or their reps into disclosing third party oem agreements. Just not my game. Please don't take offense. I attempt to facilitate, not antagonize.
Happy Holidays (Politically Correct Way of Saying, Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Joyful Kwanzah, and to my many less spiritual, more commercial friends, GOOD SHOPPING!:smile: )

No offense taken. I know this can be a sticky topic among manufactuers. I thought someone "in the know" may have known. I agree that T&H wouldn't sell a bad product.

I'm interested in a review of this brush. I havent seen it mentioned anywhere, but I have seen the PJ1 mentioned occassionally. Just curious before I pull the trigger.

murchmb said:
No offense taken. I know this can be a sticky topic among manufactuers. I thought someone "in the know" may have known. I agree that T&H wouldn't sell a bad product.

I'm interested in a review of this brush. I havent seen it mentioned anywhere, but I have seen the PJ1 mentioned occassionally. Just curious before I pull the trigger.
Greetings murchmb,
To show how sheltered I am, the only time I have seen a PJ1 mentioned was in best badger and by Tennesee Sam the Lawyer man who was trying to dump, err sell it on theWetShaversGroup and SMF.

Top Bottom