What's new

L'Occitane After Shave Splash....Gone?

I was online tonight at L'Occitane's website and I couldn't find their CADE After Shave Splash anywhere and it got me worrying that it might be being discontinued? Does anyone have any knowledge of this being fact or fiction?

Interesting...not on the site now. I picked one up on Saturday at my local store. Maybe someone will have some info...

I was online tonight at L'Occitane's website and I couldn't find their CADE After Shave Splash anywhere and it got me worrying that it might be being discontinued? Does anyone have any knowledge of this being fact or fiction?

Sweet lordy - say it ain't so..... if CADE is gone, I'm breakin' my foot off in someones hindquarters.

This may be like the C&E SAO debacle...might be tough finding out what is going on. When I went in on Saturday to pick up the Eau de Vetyver I commented how it was out of stock everywhere for months. She stated that it was because they changed the packaging...hmmm...packaging sure looks the same. What are you going to do though...at least she was pleasant, unlike other employees that USED to work there...

Ok...just got off of the phone with L'Occitane. The person I spoke with assured me that they are not discontinuing the product but have removed it from the site because it is sold out right now.

Ok...just got off of the phone with L'Occitane. The person I spoke with assured me that they are not discontinuing the product but have removed it from the site because it is sold out right now.

Quietly/calmly rolls the Sherman tank back into the garage.....

Well that does make me feel better. I'm not the most knowledgeable, but it does seem that some splashes may be going the way of the dodo for many shavers (not neccesarily here, but the millions who use the M3/Fusion, etc). Also isn't the L'Occitan ASB fairly new, so I worried it could have been replacing the CADE Splash. Thank goodness, I was wrong! It's also good to know that with supplies safely in stock, Joel won't be facing a long prison sentence! :biggrin:

I've noticed that Costco stocks a shaving kit from L'Occitane. I can't remember which items are included, but it seemed a bit pricey, at least for Costco.

Randy

After a few minutes, this got me thinking. Not trying to rile up undo suspicision, but it does seem odd that they maker of a product would remove an item from their own site, just because of low stocks. :confused: Why wouldn't they just let consumers know it's out of stock, instead of removing it where the consumers may forget about it?

After a few minutes, this got me thinking. Not trying to rile up undo suspicision, but it does seem odd that they maker of a product would remove an item from their own site, just because of low stocks. :confused: Why wouldn't they just let consumers know it's out of stock, instead of removing it where the consumers may forget about it?

They did this with their Vetyver cologne a couple of months ago as well because they were running low so it doesn't really surprise me all that much.

Chris

They did this with their Vetyver cologne a couple of months ago as well because they were running low so it doesn't really surprise me all that much.

Chris

I didn't mean to imply that I had any proof it was actually going to be discontinued, but it does seem like an odd business practice, regardless of whether its been done before or not. That's weird that they do do that. But, go figure. Thanks for the info.

I didn't mean to imply that I had any proof it was actually going to be discontinued, but it does seem like an odd business practice, regardless of whether its been done before or not. That's weird that they do do that. But, go figure. Thanks for the info.

It is strange. You would think they could just post backordered or something like that rather than take it down completely. I am not really sure what they are thinking by taking their products off their website when they are low. I have only taken a few marketing classes and none of them touched on this. Maybe they are trying to increase demand by putting people into a frenzy, which doesn't make sense since they are already backordered.:smile:

Chris

It is strange. You would think they could just post backordered or something like that rather than take it down completely. I am not really sure what they are thinking by taking their products off their website when they are low. I have only taking a few marketing classes and none of them touched on this. Maybe they are trying to increase demand by putting people into a frenzy, which doesn't make sense since they are already backordered.:smile:

Chris

Makes no sense to me either. :confused:

Chris

This was the part I didn't get though...the Vetyver wasn't taken off of the site. It simply stated it was backordered so you couldn't add it to your cart. This is logical so that you can still view all of their products. I decided in July that I wanted the Vetyver...at that time is when it wasn't available in any local stores or the site. It wasn't until recently that it finally was back in stock. When I mentioned this at the store she told me they were doing a repackaging which is why it wasn't available for a couple of months. They didn't change the packaging though, so who knows.

To take it off of the site because they are out of stock doesn't make much sense. I guess we shall see...

Top Bottom