What's new

Tea Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any staunch fiscal conservatives going to the New American Tea Party in DC today?

Anyone heard of this group?

I wish someone would throw one around my area, I'd be there in a heart beat!

Seems a bit femmy and foo foo for the rock-ribbed , square-jawed, all-American conservative crowd if you ask me. I would think tea parties were strictly for the limp-wristed, pansy-waist, pinko-liberal gaggles.

But then it is in DC.

Seems a bit femmy and foo foo for the rock-ribbed , square-jawed, all-American conservative crowd if you ask me. I would think tea parties were strictly for the limp-wristed, pansy-waist, pinko-liberal gaggles.

But then it is in DC.

It isn't a literal tea party.

Americans, if you believe in a smaller government, controlled spending, etc.. you should have elected Ron Paul in 2004. Thank you!

Its a demonstration in the same spirit as the Boston Tea Party.

There won't be much tea drinking or crumpet eating I think.

Americans, if you believe in smaller government, controlled spending, limiting debt, reasonable taxes, the Constitution, and the ideals this Nation was founded on please join your nearest Tea Party today. Thank you.

http://www.teapartyday.com/Map.aspx
But beware of Homeland Security, because if you believe in smaller government, controlled spending, limiting debt, reasonable taxes, the Constitution, and the ideals this Nation was founded on, you are now considered to be a threat. :D

Question: Where were all these "staunch fiscal conservatives" during the past eight years?

proxy.php

Question: Where were all these "staunch fiscal conservatives" during the past eight years?

proxy.php

Bush did a lot of things to put this country on the express train to financial ruin (not to mention flush liberty down the crapper), but he did not raise the income tax.

Anyway, it looks like the lame attempt at humor in my first reply failed.

To me the real irony is that the original Boston Tea Party was a protest* against a tax removal, not a tax increase.

*The Tea Party was nothing other than the destruction of private property to ensure consumers paid the going high price for tea. Smugglers were successful in undercutting the East India company for years, but the removal of the tea tax meant that East India tea would be cheaper. Why this was ever called a protest is beyond me.

but he did not raise the income tax.

I wonder if all the mental geniuses at these teabagger parties realize the only tax increase proposed is on the top 5% of earners and doesn't even bring it up to the level it was under Clinton.

For me, it's not about tax increases but about both parties' massive spending, growth of government and wasting our money on bailing out inept companies.

True, calling it a tea party is not in the same spirit as the original one.

But then it is in DC.

I'm pretty sure you must be kidding....right? I sincerely hope that any and all American citizen knows that these "tea parties" are harkening back to the Boston Tea Party where the American colonists expressed their outrage at unreasonable taxation by the British.

Given that history, a tea party seems to me to be not at all "femmy" or "foo foo", and VERY square-jawed and all-American.

I wonder if all the mental geniuses at these teabagger parties realize the only tax increase proposed is on the top 5% of earners and doesn't even bring it up to the level it was under Clinton.

The tax increase will not affect the "RICH" much for they are, well rich. However, it makes it harder for people to become rich. Upward mobility and the ability to become "RICH" IMHO is the essence of the American dream.

Details:

-Top two tax rates to return to 36 and 39.6 percent.

-Personal exemptions and deductions to be phased out for income over $250,000.

-Elimination of the Social Security payroll tax cap for income over $250,000.

Result:

39.6% + 15.65% = 56% BEFORE any state or local income taxes (22% if you live in NYC for the same income level)

Is that director or regional manager going to go take that promotion in 09?

I don't care who gets hit, how is anyone entitled to more than half of someone else's time and labor?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom